First bonito of the year

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Headed out this morning at 6am from blackwall.

Ive been working that hard I could have just floated around booker bay and taken photos of seagulls and that would have been awesome. The boy was dirty he couldn’t come but in my little tinny he gets sick when I poke my nose out the front.

first stop was the live bait station and filled the tank with yakkas (no slimies).

then I headed to the peak and found a few marks an anchored up, fishing bait and lures. Then I decided to do a very slow troll. I marked up a huge bait ball near the surface and you could see some big fish herding it around from underneath.  My 8000 reel folds over and with 60lbs braid and 100lbs leader(live yakka) it’s a skull drag to the surface. My first Bonnie of the season and 4kgs.

As quick as the bait came it was gone, so just the one fish.

i tried my hand at jew at the rip on the way home and caught a wobbegong (released).

hope you all had a good weekend fishing. Cheers,

Luke

810D2ABD-B399-4DBA-A2F1-1D9DDE31C4B4.jpeg

2DD9703E-0652-454E-A682-A8E082402FD4.jpeg

Good to hear you got out, nice bonito at 4kg it’s a shame they didn’t hang around, I got my first for the season on Saturday morning off the haven, only a small one though, the peak off Sydney seems along way from Blackwall or is that another one you’re referring to?

Guest Guest123456789
19 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Good to hear you got out, nice bonito at 4kg it’s a shame they didn’t hang around, I got my first for the season on Saturday morning off the haven, only a small one though, the peak off Sydney seems along way from Blackwall or is that another one you’re referring to?

West Reef Peaks Dieter. Did you get out yourself on the weekend?

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, JA1990 said:

What is the peak also known as, I have a feeling its a similar area I think I know of.

West Reefs Peaks JA

35 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

West Reef Peaks Dieter. Did you get out yourself on the weekend?

Thanks for that, not in the boat Luke Thursday, Friday arvo into the evening & Saturday morning mainly targeting squid for a feed, by the way good sized plate of sushimi hopefully that made up for the young fella missing out