Sydney FAD (19)

grantos

7 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Fad locations should be able to be found via the DPI website.

There could be slight changes to the locations from year to year so they update the positions on their website

Have to agree this is what I would be doing great advice by Kingie Chaser 

HI yes I check there. Received the email a while ago when it was missing however cant recall receiving one advising it is back. I thought I saw a FAD being taken out a week ago and wanted to check with the community if it was back.

1 hour ago, grantos said:

HI yes I check there. Received the email a while ago when it was missing however cant recall receiving one advising it is back. I thought I saw a FAD being taken out a week ago and wanted to check with the community if it was back.

The 19 fad is listed on this DPI list as with the other 2)18 & 20)-

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/resources/fish-aggregating-devices

Someone might be able to confirm these coordinance for you, maybe @GoingFishing , he's been out there a bit lately?

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

I have read on FB towards the end of last week it was still missing.   EDIT.   FAD 18 is missing Sydney north no mention of 19 missing that I have seen. 

The DPI website does not show the status.  I recall last season it did.    I have sent the DPI an email to enquire why it isn’t on the site and request they add it back in.  Lots of time and fuel getting.

It might be helpful if other members also send an email.

Edited by Welster
I had supplied wrong info.
  • Like 1

Yes I recieved the email as well.

I also got a reply from Ian at the DPI requesting my phone number, I sent it through and within 30 seconds my phone was ringing.

We discussed the website and updates.   He said if they know the FAD is missing the coordinates will show up as dashes.  But he does not update it himself and it generally takes a few days.   However the last few weeks they haven’t been able to update it due to the government in caretaker mode prior to the election.  Apparently they now approval but it will still take s few days. 

He said as he is in directly in control of the emails and the updates to the FAD on the fish smart app theses are the two most time reliable methods.  They would prefer people to use the app over the website. 

On the Fishsmart app you go to maps and toward the top select the drop down menu and click on FADS.  Go to the fad you want touch it, if the location comes up as far as they know the FAD is still in position. 

1 hour ago, Welster said:

Yes I recieved the email as well.

I also got a reply from Ian at the DPI requesting my phone number, I sent it through and within 30 seconds my phone was ringing.

Mate they just wanted your phone number so they can track you 🤨🙄😏😕🙃😲……………………………….😂

I have mixed feelings about any DPI operative & their motives!

They like to come off as nice guys but within 5 seconds they will become like a highway patrol officer & willing to book their mother for the smallest indiscretion!

• Like 1