Bass Point Bonito Bag Out

Lungfai76

Dropped off the little one for kindy and made my way to Bass Point for a quick session. Got there and there were a fair few people but managed to squeeze in with my 5 foot rod and flicked out a metal to be smashed on the first retrieve, followed by a second, third and fourth within 10 minutes.ย 

Bagged out in 30 minutes and made my way home for a late breakfast and a nap. Woke up just after 1 and made my way down again to christen my shore jigging rod. Managed to give it a good workout on more Bonito until 4 when the bite died down.ย 

Managed to feed the in-laws, parents and neighbours as well as release double the bag limit ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 5:49 PM, noelm said:

There has been plenty around lately, plenty of fishermen too, the Fisheries Inspectors gave them a going over recently, got plenty with way over their bag limits

You'd think they'd learn by now but when I was talking with some of them they were clueless on bag limits..... They only knew size limits ๐Ÿ™„

On 3/11/2019 at 6:25 PM, masterfisho7 said:

Top report sounds like you had a great day

Any day the reel screams is a good day ๐Ÿ‘

On 3/11/2019 at 6:34 PM, Scratchie said:

They are good fun! Plenty of them around at the moment.ย 

Cheers scratchie!!!ย 

Yep heaps of fun on 0.6 PE and 12lb trace ๐Ÿ˜ Even more fun trying to explain why I kept jerking my rod tip when retrieving, guys with floats out kept looking at me thinking I'd hooked up every time I started jigging the lure after letting it fall ๐Ÿ˜…