Check your trip on the M5 cashback

mrsswordfisherman

A friend noted that they had been charged as a class B vehicle on some trips to go fishing.

This was on the M5 and with a small boat in tow. There were some instances where the outgoing trip was charged as a Class B vehicle and the return as a Class A. 

The boat is well under the 2 metre height limit for Class A

Just FYI to check your cash back statements. 

• Like 1

Maybe the car is higher than 2 metres.   I’m not sure how they work it.

My Screen is just on the height but the Bimini is over it.   I have gad the extra charge for a few years.   The first time I did the cash back they sent me a please explain that I replied to.   Since then I get the cash back so it costs the GST.

If you pay the high toll both ways, pay for parking at the ramp, food, drink, fuel it makes for an expensive day. 

I got slugged a few times until I worked out that I had something like an aerial of my marine radio upright. 

Donna, Could you find out if he had an aerial or a rod maybe in the upright position?

Cheers

Dave

19 hours ago, Welster said:

Maybe the car is higher than 2 metres.   I’m not sure how they work it.

My Screen is just on the height but the Bimini is over it.   I have gad the extra charge for a few years.   The first time I did the cash back they sent me a please explain that I replied to.   Since then I get the cash back so it costs the GST.

If you pay the high toll both ways, pay for parking at the ramp, food, drink, fuel it makes for an expensive day. 

Indeed it does!

9 hours ago, Sigma said:

I got slugged a few times until I worked out that I had something like an aerial of my marine radio upright. 

Donna, Could you find out if he had an aerial or a rod maybe in the upright position?

Cheers

Dave

I will investigate yes and come back to you Dave

They did check the photos and an investigation is underway. He has to take his boat to the gantry at the toll station to get it's height measured. They will then put an alert on it to ignore any vehicle Class change that appears in their system. 

It is all about the height of the boat