Lilli Pilli

Yowie

Fished near Lilli Pilli early this morning. Plenty of smaller reddies about, with the occasional tailor grabbing a bait.

At the bottom of the tide, the legal sized reddies turned up, catching the 4 in relatively short time, then they were gone.

Baits used were strips of an old salted bonnie fillet, fillets from a large fresh caught yakka, and half a dozen small pillies I caught. The pillies were easily chewed off the hooks by the smaller reddies. No surface action other than the pillies jumping about.

As I was pulling up a small reddie on a handline, a rat kingie grabbed it and hooked up, took me around the boat, under the boat and around the anchor line before coming on board. All that fight and it's only around the 55cm mark.

Headed home early to beat the heat.

fish.jpeg_186.thumb.png.8f374841cbae81b4181710436cdd4e56.png

• Like 4

You must eat a lot of fish yowie or supply the Pyrmont fish market 😂

I have to get together with you one day so you can show me how to catch a legal red in the Hacking.

Myself & my mate caught 75 pinkies one day & in one session & the biggest went 27cm.

Oh so close 😔🙄😊

Still had fun! 

11 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

You must eat a lot of fish yowie or supply the Pyrmont fish market 😂

I have to get together with you one day so you can show me how to catch a legal red in the Hacking.

Myself & my mate caught 75 pinkies one day & in one session & the biggest went 27cm.

Oh so close 😔🙄😊

Still had fun! 

Some days I don't pull out a legal reddie. Just a matter of feeding the little ones first and hope they fill up and move away, though if some legal ones are about, they will grab the bait from the smaller ones.

I have seen smaller bream in the shallows grab a large chunk of fish bait, then a larger bream will swim over and take or try and take the bait from the smaller bream.