Harbour help

Fishoman123

Hi Raiders,

Looking for some advice around spots for a fish tonight. Seeing that the weather has gone to crap, but still itching for a fish, looking to go somewhere sheltered with half a chance of a decent fishing session. Had either Watsons bay wharf or Rose bay wharf in mind, however am unsure if either or would suffice? Has anybody had any experience at either spot, and which would be the better option for the night? have fresh squid for bait, and also looking to catch more squid whilst the baits are out.

Any help is much appreciated! 

Thanks heaps,

Fisho

Hi Mate, you can try Kurraba ferry wharf it has a sheltered area that you can hide under if the rain comes down.

You can also collect live yakkas and squid there if the waters not too dirty.

I have caught snapper, bream, whiting, jewfish and tailor from this wharf during the night. In the late afternoon the ferries come every half hour or so so be mindful of that. The locals dont like sharing the wharf with fishos so be prepared to cop an eyeful from a few disembarking self entitled chaps :) 

Thanks for that!! was looking at that wharf today, only thing with the rain i'm thinking somewhere close to the headland like Rose bay or Watsons bay might be less dirty? Even middle harbour, but i dont really know any spots in middle harbour that fish well. i only really squid around spit. but never tried any other land based spots in the harbour. Am i in for a good chance at either of these wharves or any other spot in the harbour that wont get too crowded?