GordoRetired

March Jindabyne Trip

On 3/19/2019 at 2:24 PM, YZ250 said:

Fantastic report - it has whet my appetite as after being a dedicated Eucumbene fisherman for some time I have decided this is the year to hit Jindy. 

The humble tassie devil...So long as you get the colour right I reckon it still takes 10 times the fish that any other lure does.....and at a fraction of the price.

I have never tried Eucumbene as I have a mate who lives in Jindabyne so I get to fish and also catch up with a great mate when I am not on the water.... Have tried to get him out but to no avail.

As for "at a fraction of the price" Especially of you buy your Tassies at the right place and time... an a con da (Sorry cant type the name properly as the site changes it) when they have a sale on.. Under $5 each 🙂

Edited by GordoRetired

On 3/18/2019 at 5:23 PM, zmk1962 said:

Great report mate .... I'm late catching up I know but really enjoyed the read. 

I've never fished fresh in anger so this is all very educational and an eyeopener.

Cheers Zoran

It's so different from fishing salt... 4 - 6 lb leaders, 6 - 8lb main line, super light drag settings, trolling at 2 knots using super light rods.  Unlike salt where it's 20lb leader or more onto 30lb+ main line and trolling at 6 - 8 knots with 6 - 8 lb of drag  using reasonably stiff rods.