Impromptu session

Little_Flatty

Hi all,

Was out with the family today visiting cafes and op shops. On the way back, my wife suggests 'why don't we head down to a park so you can have a fish?'. This was met with much enthusiasm by both my daughter and myself, so we took a detour to Echo pt in Roseville for a flick. Never been there before, didn't expect much, but ended up finding a school of little chopper tailor which entertained me for a few moments.

IMG_0484.thumb.JPG.7538213e7f2e01602eaf49a6aef56d3c.JPG

A few more casts towards the marina, a few more hits. Then I came up tight on something that got the drag going a little.

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.423139c0b248b0be00931cd26f8e984f.JPG

This one came home for dinner, unlike the Parramatta river versions I normally chase. The one thing that was interesting this time session was that I caught all of my fish on texas-rigged bass minnows on Gamakatsu EWG worm hooks., with a cone sinker running down to the plastic I would have expected a worse hookup rate than with a normal jig head, but I was able to pin the fish easily on any decent hit. I think I'll keep experimenting with these as the ability to vary sinker weights without carrying heaps of different jigheads is a bonus for me. The snag-proofing the technique offers is another benefit.

Fishing fix done, it was all over in under half an hour. Glad I had always have gear in the car!

Mike

• Like 6