Heading out near Terrigal in a Tinny

k1ngy

Hey all, 

I have a 4.29 rampage with a 30, pretty much brand new and have been driving it around the lakes and down south abit. I was wondering what Terrigal is like to launch from and seeing if anyone has any tips on boating and fishing around here. Obviously weather and conditions are key and I won't be stupid going out too far, just keen to catch a feed of flatty here and there.

TIA

Guest Guest123456789

I’ve launched from terrigal with exact same set up. You could do it safely this sat morning. The ramp is a two man operation - surge is quite strong. I’ve fish as far north as entrance bommies, as far south as little beach and about 2 nautical miles east of ramp. Terrigal haven and surrounds are classified as open water so you will need safety gear as such. Plenty of fish right in and around the haven to skillion you won’t need to go far initially. Good luck.

Luke

Terrigal ramp is terrible. All concrete, nowhere to tie up, you got to push it up to the beach and hope you don't stand on any of the local stingrays.  Ditto to what @flatheadluke says above. I never went there in an FG boat, maybe I'd do it now I've got a plate boat, but I am expecting that there will be some damage to something, unless it is dead calm

stay safe