Roseville Bridge Night and Afternoon

lukelee

My First report.

I went to the Echo Point Park beach with a pump in afternoon 20th March 2019, caught a few yabbies, used the yabbies as live bait, caught a few small breams and whiting near the Cafe (Echo on the Marina). Released all of them.

I went to Roseville bridge at around 9pm.

I was standing under the bridge, casting Diztec dark green FB 35 surface lure towards the water below the bridge light. Caught a 47cm Estuary Perch. After that, I kept using same lure for an hour, but it was very quiet, I then switched to a bottom blade lure, got snagged. That's the only fish I have caught that night.

IMG_7527.thumb.JPG.0a12ef818d6d456eea450098eb69ac92.JPG

I will try again in echo point park tomorrow morning. I will try FB 35 surface lure and metal spinning lure this time.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
Undersized fish and incorrect ID
  • Like 1

Hi there , you need to look up NSW fisheries ,  there are allot of rules  and regulations  that  you are not aware of ,  for example  you can not collect  bait  such as  crabs, worms  and  pink nippers anywhere in Sydney harbor ,  fisheries inspectors  may let you of with a warning  but   you may come across someone who will fine you , ..... im not a troll looking for an opportunity  to have a go at someone ,   take care .

4 hours ago, leonardgid said:

Hi there , you need to look up NSW fisheries ,  there are allot of rules  and regulations  that  you are not aware of ,  for example  you can not collect  bait  such as  crabs, worms  and  pink nippers anywhere in Sydney harbor ,  fisheries inspectors  may let you of with a warning  but   you may come across someone who will fine you , ..... im not a troll looking for an opportunity  to have a go at someone ,   take care .

Thanks. This was my first time pumping yabbies. I will check the rule.

8 hours ago, leonardgid said:

Yeah I'd like clarification on this. There are zones in sydney harbour you cannot collect bait but a lot of areas are open.

Link is how i understand it... whats your understanding?

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/habitat/protecting-habitats/mpa

2 hours ago, connico said:

Yeah I'd like clarification on this. There are zones in sydney harbour you cannot collect bait but a lot of areas are open.

Link is how i understand it... whats your understanding?

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/habitat/protecting-habitats/mpa

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/668258/collecting-animals-and-plants-from-rock-platforms-and-sand-flats-around-sydney-english.pdf

Scroll down to read about the Sydney Harbour Intertidal protected area.

Also

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/329319/sydney-harbour-northern-beaches-rec-fishing-guide.pdf

note the taking of shellfish of any type is prohibited in Sydney Harbour - not just in the IPA but anywhere inside the heads. Other types of bait you can collect in Sydney harbour but only in waters deeper then 10 meters below the mean low water mark (ie not intertidal).

I think bait weed is not included, but haven’t looked that up so don’t rely on it.

OK raiders enough of this rubbish. Several posts have been hidden/removed by moderators in this thread. 

We are here to learn and help others to learn. Welcome newbies and be helpful or say nothing. Abusing each other will not be tolerated and you will be removed and banned from this forum. This is my last warning. 

@lukelee thanks for a 1st report here. As beginners we all needed to know about bag limits, sizes and correct identification of fish. This information is available from the NSW Fisheries site. We have many links in the Links section here on fishraider and here is the link to read all the rules and regs https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/fishing-rules-and-regs

I have removed some pics and member comments from this thread. It is a good idea to have a measure next to the fish sometimes. It appears that the fish in the bucket are incorrectly identified - they are Tailor and they are undersized. 

Everyone have a read of the site rules - take note of 1 and 11

If anyone feels that a rule has been breached for example in Site Rule 2 then REPORT that post immediately to the moderators. The REPORT POST is found on every single post made in every thread in fishraider (top right of each box). This will alert and send a notification to all mods. 

• Like 2

I am glad that I read this thread.... I have been fishing in and around Sydney since the early 90's and was not aware of quite a few of these rules.... I knew most of what would affect where I generally fish buy did not realise that you can't take yabbies in the Harbour... Just as well that I never did buy myself a yabbie pump, I might have got myself in trouble.

Good to hear that the fish were biting under my local bridge, not been down there for a while so as it's only 2 minutes from where I live I must give it a go again soon. 🙂

• Like 1