New Spin Reel.

Rebel

Hi All,

I bought a Rovex Big Boss 3 Reel. This the latest from Jarvis Walker. There is a good speel on You Tube all about them. I like trying new gear so I bought the 6000 with 15kg drag.

I attached to a 3.6m Beach rod 15kg line and caught two Tailor around four kg's. The reel retails for around $120 but you can buy them on line for around $90. Dinga hasn't got stock yet. I don't usually buy cheap reels but this one impressed me and it is very light and has all the good gear. Worth a look.

Cheers.

11 hours ago, bluefin said:

Gee I hate this " picture or it didn't happen crap" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You either believe him or you don't. Your choice! saying PROVE IT , Really annoys me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard.

Yes I agree Howard. This post is about the new tackle and not a fishing report for a start. 

It is also against the site rules to criticise legal captures. 

Here endeth the lesson .....

Thanks for the tackle review Rebel

What's this all about. All I wanted to tell you lot was about a new reel on the market and I get critised. Suprised at you Donna. You are supposed to welcome members not get rid of them.

Cheers.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rebel said:

What's this all about. All I wanted to tell you lot was about a new reel on the market and I get critised. Suprised at you Donna. You are supposed to welcome members not get rid of them.

Cheers.

Rebel -  relax! Donna clearly defended you, saying, “This post is about new tackle and not a fishing report for a start” and “Thanks for the tackle review Rebel”.

Thanks for the review, mate. 😎

Houdini obviously was questioning the size of the tailor you caught but seemed to miss the point that this was a tackle review, not a fishing report. BTW, a 4kg tailor would be a fine fish, indeed. Well done! I am jealous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Rebel -  relax! Donna clearly defended you, saying, “This post is about new tackle and not a fishing report for a start” and “Thanks for the tackle review Rebel”.

Thanks for the review, mate. 😎

Houdini obviously was questioning the size of the tailor you caught but seemed to miss the point that this was a tackle review, not a fishing report. BTW, a 4kg tailor would be a fine fish, indeed. Well done! I am jealous!

Thanks Baz! @Rebel I was defending you against the member who criticised your capture and thanked you for the review.

I am deeply offended at your comments. I have welcomed and helped members for many years on this website. I have also helped you on several personal messages. 

A big :thumbdown: on this one. 

• Like 3

Sorry,

But Donna was cool....so unless you are in WA on holiday there are not 4kg tailor on east coast. Yes many years ago a lake with hot water outlet produced some serious tailor and some old timers like me may recall this, but buy a set at scales....

Really lets hold people accountable for what they say on the Internet. That's what I teach the students in my care...

Rebel, thanks for the review.

I just looked up the reel & the specs all look pretty decent really.

Not bad for an $80 reel on Dinga(8000 is $89)!

But alas all out of stock 😕

Key Features
  • 6 stainless steel ball bearings
  • Infinite anti-reverse bearing
  • Aluminium body and side plate
  • Carbon fibre drag
  • Machined aluminium handle
  • X-Tuff polymer rotor - 4000, 6000
  • Aluminium rotor - 8000
  • Aluminium spool
  • Ceramic line roller
  • Stainless steel main shaft