another Nambucca session

dirvin21

Managed to fit in a pre work session with my mate on his boat. Leading up to this session 2 weeks ago I tried fishing the oyster racks from my kayak long story short the lack of leverage you get from a kayak meant some serious dustings 

P1000371.thumb.JPG.8b7f3cb7d8ea624ebbb07d7e7bbe3988.JPG

eneded up with 1 bream after 5 dustings in a row. The aim of the boat session was to hit the racks and hopefully find some blue nosed brutes.

We hit the water a sunrise and started out casting the some rockwalls for jacks. Just bought a new baitcaster set-up, a shimano curado and samaki archer 5-8kg and was keen to get a bend in it. The fishing started out dead bait was everywhere but nothing chasing it we cast big lures for quite awhile then we spotted some smaller bait getting shredded so out came the small lures with instant success

P1000405.JPG.2ab2801c022a271ad37ad1a48c2fba8a.JPG

broke the doughnut with some small  GT's

Continued casting along working a deep rockwall with the jack gear and my lure was nailed had to put the brakes on some brutal runs caught sight of the fish before he managed to straighten the trebles a quality jack atleast I got a bend in the new rod

working further along hitting some sunken timber put a cast right along a erfect looking old log and straight away it was nailed and missed before I could even curse a dark shape comes racing out and hits it again, once he was out in open water went easy on him to avid another hook straightening 

20190326_081751.thumb.jpg.98885be7c64e6e1581bd8618e962194d.jpg

a nice black-spot measuring up at 44cm a new pb

We worked our way down towards the racks casting some sandy edges on the way plenty of tiny flathead did manage one decent low 50's flattie

P1000412.JPG.54ff167cba0ee1760b774b8f2df2c436.JPG

we finally hit the oyster racks 

the session was brutal the fish weren't overly big but fighting like brutes

P1000408.JPG.c6e0309d9472e0990cfd215ce2c55ec8.JPG

got some on harbodies casting along the rack edges the next cast after this fish this lure was taken by a beast never to be seen again

P1000410.JPG.82e36ceb5797b34c4b5195505eb61c05.JPG

also a few on plastics just casting aginst the rack and letting it sink 

did hook a much bigger GT that came charging out from under the racks, he even ran away from structure to open water unfortunetly given I was rack fishing my drag was locked up so before I could loosen it the leader had busted probably lucky because we would have been chasing for awhile

that finished off the session    

cheers for reading 

Dave

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Great report & awesome photos, the black carpet really shows off the colours &  makes the fish standout especially the bream, were they taken with a phone or camera?

Camera.... a lumix