Botany Bay kingies

the skipper

I have been absent from Fishraider for a few years but am now back . I have been fishing Botany Bay fairly hard over the last three months on weekends and have a great time catching a regular amount of undersized Kingies which are slowly getting bigger.

I have taught all my family the rights and wrongs of fishing as best I can and in particular about the leagal sizes for each species.

Over the last few months Ihave noticed more and more so called fisherman not releasing undersized Kings and I am sick of it . When  challenged they just lie through their back teeth.

So for me enough is enough and I have started reporting the offenders to Fisheries but in saying that I also do not see any inspectors at either the boat ramps or on the water so all the money being spent to restock our fisheries will be wasted if they do not police it.

• Like 2

Hi Skip, I have been inspected.at the Foreshore ramp a couple of times.but thats over years, I generally only fish midweek so they may target more weekend fishos?

Your right though, I think they should have more resources out there looking, it would pay for itself in the fines they hand .out.

Fingers crossed for Monday as.Im out there if the weathers good & want a legal king 

17 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Hi Skip, I have been inspected.at the Foreshore ramp a couple of times.but thats over years, I generally only fish midweek so they may target more weekend fishos?

Your right though, I think they should have more resources out there looking, it would pay for itself in the fines they hand .out.

Fingers crossed for Monday as.Im out there if the weathers good & want a legal king 

Hi Kingie Chaser, Mate the last time I was inspected was back in October last year when an RMS bloke at the ramp went though my boat giving me a pile of brochures on life jackets.

What I do not understand is why can't fisheries guys inspect your boat for safety etc as well as Waterways and vice versa and the water police are only interested in your rego .

If all three authorities checked all aspects of recreational boating / fishing then there would be triple the amount of inspectors available who have the legal authority to impose penalties.

Does not seem to be a hard fix for mine .

Cheers

The Skipper

Just now, the skipper said:

Hi Kingie Chaser, Mate the last time I was inspected was back in October last year when an RMS bloke at the ramp went though my boat giving me a pile of brochures on life jackets.

What I do not understand is why can't fisheries guys inspect your boat for safety etc as well as Waterways and vice versa and the water police are only interested in your rego .

If all three authorities checked all aspects of recreational boating / fishing then there would be triple the amount of inspectors available who have the legal authority to impose penalties.

Cheers

The Skipper

Sorry KC, I should of added good luck on Monday at the moment the wind looks light in the morning.

Let us know how you go chasing those yellow tail missiles .

I am a no show this weekend home duties.

Tight lines.

The Skipper

32 minutes ago, the skipper said:

Cheers

The Skipper

Personally imo I'd rather see police & waterways spend more time chasing wreckless jet ski operators over checking my capture sizes.

I just think fisheries need more resources & as I mentioned they would pay for themselves in the revenue they collect. 

53 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

I just think fisheries need more resources & as I mentioned they would pay for themselves in the revenue they collect. 

I believe the money raised through fines goes in General revenue.

But yes a bit like Highway Patrols, but just Fisheries enforcing.

• 2 weeks later...

I was out in Botany Bay last Tuesday and the Fisheries turned up in their boat. It was great to see them and to know they are checking catches and sizes. We had to hold up the fish we had kept which we were very happy to do.

The moved to the next boat as we were leaving and took a long time with him so maybe a few undersize! 😡

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 7:57 AM, the skipper said:

Cheers

The Skipper

I agree it would be a lot better use of resources. 

• Like 1