Do kids count towards bag limits?

Fish_More

Hi all

Going to Minnie Water for Easter and was going to chuck in the crab pots.  I always thought the limit was one trap per person but have just looked on the website and says two per person?

Does anybody know if I have my 7 year old with me, is he allowed 2 traps as well?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Fish_More
spelling

In NSW, a quick look at the fisheries website will tell you exactly what you are allowed, traps and lift nets are two different things, make sure they are marked correctly, as per the site, and as long as kids are capable of using the gear, and are actually in the boat, they can have their bag limit too, but, don't get carried away and think people back at the home/hotel/caravan can be included.

3 hours ago, Fish_More said:

Hi all

Going to Minnie Water for Easter and was going to chuck in the crab pots.  I always thought the limit was one trap per person but have just looked on the website and says two per person?

Does anybody now if I have my 7 year old with me, is he allowed 2 traps as well?

Cheers

Mark

Use the link that Savit has put up to check the rules. If your still unsure a phone call to DPI would be the best way to get the correct information. 

Good luck with the crabbing. 

Cheers

Rah

• Thanks 1

The regulations apply to each recreational fisher, even if they are exempt from paying for a licence (recreational fishing fee), e.g. minor, pensioner, Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander. Bag/possession limits, min/max lengths, equipment requirements and marking/identification are the same for each recreational fisher. It’s in the regulations available on the DPI website. It’s also worth grabbing the booklet and carrying it with you. 😉