Oil leak.

sorrycharlie

Is it a 2 stroke, and is it leaking from the exhaust?

Could be partially unburnt oil leaking out of the carb, in which case I'd say it's normal. Is the engine running OK otherwise?

Does it still do it if you pull the fuel hose and let the engine run dry?

Thanks for the reply AP3, yeah it’s a 2 stroke. I’ve had it running fine for a few months but this morning at the ramp, it decided not to start. I think I might’ve flooded it though, when I got home it started fine and that’s when I noticed this oil running out. I run the engine dry every time I flush it but I don’t think this oil has ever leaked from there before. 

5 hours ago, sorrycharlie said:

Thanks for the reply AP3, yeah it’s a 2 stroke. I’ve had it running fine for a few months but this morning at the ramp, it decided not to start. I think I might’ve flooded it though, when I got home it started fine and that’s when I noticed this oil running out. I run the engine dry every time I flush it but I don’t think this oil has ever leaked from there before. 

Does sound like it flooded then, and fuel/oil mixed with carbon buildup and ran out of the exhaust.

If it floods again, just give it full throttle, and it should start. If you have remotes, you might have to take the cowl off and move the throttle manually to full.

7 hours ago, AP3 said:

Does sound like it flooded then, and fuel/oil mixed with carbon buildup and ran out of the exhaust.

If it floods again, just give it full throttle, and it should start. If you have remotes, you might have to take the cowl off and move the throttle manually to full.

Yeah that sounds rights. Thanks so much for the info AP3 👍

Yep its been flood and the excess fuel and oil has washed carbon out the exhaust ports.

I run my smaller engines out of fuel as well and if possible I start it at home before heading out to save a wasted trip,

I would pull the spark plugs and give them a quick clean before the next trip, just as a back up.