Eucumbene trip

Fatbastard

Headed off to Lake Eucumbene for the day yesterday and had a great day on the water with my new fishing bud from Fishraider, Peter.  Trolled around for quite a while and picked up a couple of rainbows on Pink Tassies.  Picked them up early in the day and then basically nothing although we saw plenty on the sounder but suspect they were a bit deep (around 8 meters).  Nice weather and other boats had more success running Tassies a looooooong way behind the boat.  All round good day, heading to Jervis Bay probably for the next trip weather permitting.

IMG_20190407_151740.jpg

• Like 6

They look like a couple of well conditioned rainbows, you could try getting some paravanes or deep diving lures to get where the fish are holding,30 to 50m back is good for tassies, & good on you for getting a fish raider as your new fishing buddy 

16 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

They look like a couple of well conditioned rainbows, you could try getting some paravanes or deep diving lures to get where the fish are holding,30 to 50m back is good for tassies, & good on you for getting a fish raider as your new fishing buddy 

I have a downrigger but couldn't find the bomb, had to order another one!!  

On 4/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, Fatbastard said:

I have a downrigger but couldn't find the bomb, had to order another one!!  

Make one, get some old lead, make up a mould, I used a tennis ball as the diameter will make a 4lb bomb, I made a 1/2 tennis ball mould and poured 2 halves, drilled a hole through the middle, set a piece of thin galvanized plate in as a fin and bolted the halves together. Job done and cost almost nothing. 🙂

On 4/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, GordoRetired said:

Make one, get some old lead, make up a mould, I used a tennis ball as the diameter will make a 4lb bomb, I made a 1/2 tennis ball mould and poured 2 halves, drilled a hole through the middle, set a piece of thin galvanized plate in as a fin and bolted the halves together. Job done and cost almost nothing. 🙂

I use a Downrigger shop unit and they deliver another 4lb bomb to my door for $33, hardly worth the bother to make one for that.  I also am wary of playing with lead if it can be avoided.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fatbastard said:

I use a Downrigger shop unit and they deliver another 4lb bomb to my door for $33, hardly worth the bother to make one for that.  I also am wary of playing with lead if it can be avoided.

Being a retired old bugger with plenty of time on my hands and as someone gave me around 20kg of lead I spent hours making my own, Based on those cost I would have 'earned' around $2.50 an hour for my efforts 🙂 🙂 🙂

59 minutes ago, GordoRetired said:

Being a retired old bugger with plenty of time on my hands and as someone gave me around 20kg of lead I spent hours making my own, Based on those cost I would have 'earned' around $2.50 an hour for my efforts 🙂 🙂 🙂

gordo. Funny you should mention that. That's about my usual going rate when I make things for people and some of them look at me as if I am making money from them. I just enjoy a challenge and like helping people, specially fellow members of the site.

BTW I make Pancake bombs for downriggers, they don't roll around the floor when not in use.

Frank

• Like 2