Almost Stripey Sunday 7.4.19

zmk1962

24 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

...as for wire Baz- re rig them , chances are it will have micro rust all through it after that long-

Yeah, you may be right but I haven’t seen any sign of corrosion. I rigged them with wire because there were wahoo about at the time. They didn’t really get a lot of use because I was mostly land based in those days but got the odd spot on a boat from time to time. I always washed all my gear in fresh soapy water, rinsed off and dried with a blow dryer. I put most of my gear into storage when I went travelling in 1984 for 4 years and some of it has only been unpacked this season- it all appears in good nic!

On 4/9/2019 at 1:52 PM, Plethora said:

On Saturday morning a friend and I went out to the East Sydney FAD around day break - what a waste of time that was (hung around for an hour) with nothing to show for it (with lives in hand we set off for Marley Beach area in the National Park) the only thing we had to show for the morning was a couple of rock cods

PS - This the third trip out to a FAD and nothing on the scope to show it 

That’s so frustrating I did almost the exact same Tuesday and it worked out well go figure.

9 hours ago, Welster said:

What an awesome first for the guys you took.   Sounds like you all had a top day.  Hopefully Saad got a new lease off life once the action started. 

Hahaha... yes he did. You can see in the video every time the reel screamed he was out of the cabin - strange how a bent rod is better than a Travacalm.

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:34 AM, zmk1962 said:

Hahaha... yes he did. You can see in the video every time the reel screamed he was out of the cabin - strange how a bent rod is better than a Travacalm.

next time you’ve got someone with cabin fever onboard get an old record (vynl) attach it via hole to an overhead & feed it out with the ratchet off then flick on  the ratchet & get them to wind it in, puts up a good fight & congratulate them on there record fish, usually gets rid of the seasick blues

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

next time you’ve got someone with cabin fever onboard get an old record (vynl) attach it via hole to an overhead & feed it out with the ratchet off then flick on  the ratchet & get them to wind it in, puts up a good fight & congratulate them on there record fish, usually gets rid of the seasick blues

If you really want to see them have a good fight use a bucket in place of the record. Make sure that the drag is set loose enough that moving the boat forward will pull more line and you can have them 'fighting a fish' for ages. 🙂 

• Haha 1