Renegade EPIRB mounting location

JA1990

Raiders,

I have fianlly made some effort and purchased an EPIRB. I guess you cant put a price on safety, anyway it took a weekend to workout how I was going to mount it. A little bit of research going through boat sales I did not have much luck to see where others have mounted theirs. In the end I had a look through the shed and found some alluminium flat bar and started making a bracket. I I basically screwed the flatbar in the interior of the side console and then screwed the epirb in there. If anyone is thinking on doing the same then this spot is very suitable. Out of the sun and the way.

Pic 1.jpeg

Pic 2.jpeg

• Like 1

Good idea, using the bar. I fitted my EPIRB in a similar position in my Stacer Outlaw side console but just riveted it straight through the side of the console with the fire extinguisher alongside it. It works for me but your way keeps the painted side of the console intact. 😎

• Like 1

Sounds alright, was going to use the rivet option how ever my POS rivet popper broke and lucky i found some SS screws how ever did not have the right size bit for them.........

It took some serious thinking as I wasnted to not drill holes through the exterier of the console and I wanted the nasty sun rays to keep out.

I mounted my extinguisher at the FWD end of the side pocketright near the steering wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add my $0.02 worth (I'll try n post a pic later). I put my EPIRB and Fire Extinguisher onto the underside of the front storage hatch (one with the seat socket).

That way both are well away from any fuel / battery risks and easily accessible in an emergency. 

I stow lifejackets in that storage hatch too, along with my boating safety bag. 

So all my safety gear is stowed and accessed from the same location. I figure in an emergency, I want quick easy access to them all.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:58 PM, JA1990 said:

What ever works for you mate. Safety is safety end of the day 

Agreed.

I wonder how many people understand what happens on a boat if there is a fire.

I think in a lot of set ups, it's purely luck it doesn't happen more often.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, Ah Me Ting said:

Just to add my $0.02 worth (I'll try n post a pic later). I put my EPIRB and Fire Extinguisher onto the underside of the front storage hatch (one with the seat socket).

That way both are well away from any fuel / battery risks and easily accessible in an emergency. 

I stow lifejackets in that storage hatch too, along with my boating safety bag. 

So all my safety gear is stowed and accessed from the same location. I figure in an emergency, I want quick easy access to them all.

Here's a pic of where I have the EPIRB, Fire Extinguisher, etc.

1455523571_EPIRBetc.jpg.4a14f6f0e0c0a37fe0e7267cebf192dd.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...