Bream fish - ourimbah creek

Toby_fisho

Good fish last Sunday at ourimbah creek. Woke up at 4 am to take my kayak to my mate place, lift the down the street and start paddling over at 4:45 am. Got over to the mouth of the creek at 5:45 and pulled up to the bank to get my lure rigged and ready. Hit the first little jetty and my mate caught a 30 cm perch first cast, great start. Then we moved another 30 metres and I flicked my zman grub right up the back of a little homemade boat ramp right against it, left it for a few seconds, gave it a bit of a flick around and bang I was on. Great fight and went 35 cm. I caught 2 more smaller bream around 30cm but didn’t get a photo. Stopped for lunch and pursued further down the creek. My mate hooked up to a nice bream which took him straight under a barnacle encrusted jetty. He free spooled and it came out, the fights now back on. He eventually gets it in and it measured 37 cm, another great  fish. My last fish was a 31 cm that had completely engulfed my grub, ran me into a crab trap and breaking the hook in the process. Beautiful day on the water and what a beautiful sight paddling over at sunrise. 

• Like 3

Thank you @Koalaboi . I hope the blackfish begin to fire up soon, otherwise winter will be looking pretty dismal! I know that they are catching plenty of jewfish of the beach though, and there should be more coming with the mullet run.

Edited by Toby_fisho