Glow In The Dark Soft Plastics

Berleyguts

I received a “care package” the other day from my Canadian friend, whose daughter owns a fishing and outdoors store in Saskatchewan. The package was a couple of packs of “Dynamite” glow in the dark double tail soft plastics, one pack of white, one pack of chartreuse. They remind me of the old Mr Twister double tails. My friend does a lot of ice fishing, so I assumed they mainly use them for that purpose but I reckon they’ll work a treat on the local flathead population. I can’t wait to give them a go! Now, if they could just make them in a 5 or 7 inch jerk shad for the offshore snapper...

B51972C7-9CCC-4B21-8392-C94E63CD7CE9.jpeg

C5C341C2-B4D8-4099-936A-E2789D3A4E01.jpeg

93D46E1D-6315-48AA-BC65-55046A6DE480.jpeg

• Like 1

I fish regularly for flathead at night with lures (usually SP). I tried small glowing SP in both lit and unlit areas in the past, and they did not do the magic for me,  however would be interested to know your results.

Nonetheless,  I think, they are quite good to check the casting distance or direction if fishing in wind/near structure at night.

if you are interested in glowing jerk shads in 5/7 inch size  -  many local online/brick tackle stores have Glowing Zman and Gulp  Jerk shads particularly in  5 and 7 inch sizes. Even Dinga has something.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, savit said:

I fish regularly for flathead at night with lures (usually SP). I tried small glowing SP in both lit and unlit areas in the past, and they did not do the magic for me,  however would be interested to know your results.

Nonetheless,  I think, they are quite good to check the casting distance or direction if fishing in wind/near structure at night.

if you are interested in glowing jerk shads in 5/7 inch size  -  many local online/brick tackle stores have Glowing Zman and Gulp  Jerk shads particularly in  5 and 7 inch sizes. Even Dinga has something.

Really? I thought I was onto something new here! 😂 Glow in the dark Zman jerk shard sound the goods. I’ve never seen them - will have to have a better look. Thanks!

I recall using 4 inch, white Berkly Bass Minnows that glowed in the dark on pre - sun rise flathead and doing pretty good. I just used to charge them up with a torch every couple of casts. I think the colour was called glow scales.

I just tried to google them and doesn't look like the make them now.

Zmans might be worth a try. I like their 5 inch Jerk Shadz on flatties down here.