savit

Jindabyne/Thredbo in April

Hi All

I will be visiting Snowy Mountains and staying in Jindabyne soon. Might have time in early mornings  for a few short land based lure (and may be fly) fishing sessions in the lake or Thredbo river. This will be my 2nd time fishing the area.

Any suggestions re lures for trout that might work at the moment ?  I have got a bit of everything over time - just not sure what to bring and to try first.

Thanks a lot.

21 hours ago, savit said:

Hi All

I will be visiting Snowy Mountains and staying in Jindabyne soon. Might have time in early mornings  for a few short land based lure (and may be fly) fishing sessions in the lake or Thredbo river. This will be my 2nd time fishing the area.

Any suggestions re lures for trout that might work at the moment ?  I have got a bit of everything over time - just not sure what to bring and to try first.

Thanks a lot.

I am no absolute professional but I would say try a few of the more typical lures. Blades always work well so try a few if you not getting bites change colours. Or change lures to something like a Tazzie Devil. The little trout spinners also work well. I would have a look at the water and if its dark deep and murky i'd go with a small black blade lure and let it get down a little (since it will be morning the trout shouldn't be too deep). If the water is clear I would go for a more colourful lure but nothing to absurd. Just go with what you think will work, if that doesn't change and try something new. Some Powerbait might work and if you have flies and the cloud cover is good that will probably also work. 

• Like 2