Nice reddies off cronulla

samjames95

I've been lazy posting of late, its been a while since my last post;

Went out for good Friday for reds off Cronulla, the conditions looked much better in the afternoon so I  waited head out. Anyway, a mile or so out, light offshore winds and a small 1.4 swell, current going south east. I Anchored on a reef I consistently fish with results. I burleyed up hard, though the current was quite strong and it took a while for the burley to get down. Anyway come of a half hour or so I land a 42cm reddie (smaller one in the picture). Over the next hour and a half or so, I landed around 4 legal trevally (all thrown back), another 5 snapper (one 51cm pictured above) all of legal size, a few pike and a red rock cod. Went home after 2 and a half hours, with 2 good reddies I kept for the table.

Happy Easter everyone, and happy fishing, Cheers

57303261_881833855481140_5810354692877713408_n.jpg

57319782_421889008612552_2267707479196434432_n.jpg

• Like 4

Yesterday I was thinking I should go and have a late arvo fish for reds off Cronulla. Used to do exactly what you did, by catch was always interesting some huge red rock cod big coloured reef jacket odd gummy  shark squid and even one trip a blue swimmer up at the Berley bucket in 20 m of water.

Nice reds and nice report. I used to fish in about 17-20 m of water. What depth were you in ?  Tuesday night is looking good for me to give it a try.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, hookerbruce said:

even one trip a blue swimmer up at the Berley bucket in 20 m of water.

Bruce,

Blue swimmers are sometimes that, swimming up near the surface and not crawling on the bottom.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Welster said:

Some nice reds there you’d have to be happy with that. 

On 4/19/2019 at 8:46 PM, Berleyguts said:

Well done!

On 4/19/2019 at 10:06 PM, masterfisho7 said:

Well done some nice Reds 

On 4/20/2019 at 2:14 AM, big Neil said:

Good when a plan comes together and you get onto some decent fish. Top job, bn

On 4/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, hookerbruce said:

Yesterday I was thinking I should go and have a late arvo fish for reds off Cronulla. Used to do exactly what you did, by catch was always interesting some huge red rock cod big coloured reef jacket odd gummy  shark squid and even one trip a blue swimmer up at the Berley bucket in 20 m of water.

Nice reds and nice report. I used to fish in about 17-20 m of water. What depth were you in ?  Tuesday night is looking good for me to give it a try.

On 4/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, Yowie said:

Couple of nice reds out from the Hacking.

10 hours ago, Rock&Beach said:

Great report mate and they are some good pannies to eat. I am sure they made some great meals. Cheers R&B

Cheers fellas !!

Bruce, Yes that’s around the depth I fish in, I practically go offshore to reef grounds around that deep and berley hard and hope for the best! Often you need to move around as you can get plauged by pike, jackets, gar and even toadfish at times! Cheers