Boat capacity rules in nsw

anthman

Hi all,

My boat, a STABICRAFT 1550 Fisher,is rated for four adults, says the sticker from RMS. The spec sheet from stabicraft says capacity for five (presumably what it is rated for in NZ).

I'm unable to check myself for an ABP until later, but curious on the rules around if it's possible to have 3x adults (totalling less than 200kg) and 2x children under 12 (totalling less than 60kg) - that would make it 5x people in total, well under the  4x 75kg (300kg) capacity that the sticker would indicate as safe in calm waters.

Depends if the cert from Stabi is an international cert recognised in AU, if it is then you should be fine with 5.

My understanding is it is either x people or x KG. But you would need to confirm.

My Surtees is has an international cert and is recognised here  

15 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

That's insane !!!...how?

It's to do with buoyancy not overal size, though my hull is only 4.22m, the tubes give it huge amounts of buoyancy. The tubes have five individual chambers which even if all were to get punchered the hull itself is sealed and capable of driving without tubes. Deck space is small but passengers can sit all around the tubes quite comfortably. 

IMG_2637.PNG

Edited by JonD
  • Like 2