Port Stephens winter reds- whose interested?

Scratchie

22 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Little beach boat ramp

A75C115F-3C0D-459E-B912-F7BCB78BC229.thumb.jpeg.595e033183109337bb73f17d95d27367.jpeg

For those interested. Port Stephens is two and half times the size of Sydney Harbour 

I’m very quickly running out of good reasons to live in Sydney. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Welster said:

Im hearing you @Welster

But it does become a bit manic around the place during summer school hols, Im sure the locals hate it but the businesses love it!

Pretty much the scene of any coastal town up the east coast.

I tried to move up there permanently once but I only had a short 3 week window to find work & it didn't work out, after a week back in Sydney I started to get calls of offer but by then it was to late..

Its a great area which I have been visiting for about 45 years, other family members have had a business in Shoal bay & lived in Gloucester st @ redpatch point  & one @ Fern Ave Soldiers point, how it has changed in that time! 

I remember the only way up there was on the old pacific & used to take about 4.5/5 hours from Sydney.

But that was ok as long as we stopped at the Oak milk factory for a shake 😉

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Im hearing you @Welster

But it does become a bit manic around the place during summer school hols, Im sure the locals hate it but the businesses love it!

I tried to move up there permanently once but I only had a short 3 week window to find work & it didn't work out, after a week back in Sydney I started to get calls of offer but by then it was to late..

Its a great area which I have been visiting for about 45 years, other family members have had a business in Shoal bay & lived in Gloucester st @ redpatch point  & one @ Fern Ave Soldiers point, how it has changed in that time! 

I remember the only way up there was on the old pacific & used to take about 4.5/5 hours from Sydney.

But that was ok as long as we stopped at the Oak milk factory for a shake 😉

The Oak’s long shut down. 😢 It takes me 2 1/4 hours to get down to Sydney now (Blacktown/Quakers Hill area) when I have to visit. I’ll usually go down and back in the same day - can’t wait to get out of there! It gets very hectic here in the summer hols and Easter. We just lay low and avoid the busy areas! Living the dream! 😜

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

The Oak’s long shut down. 😢 It takes me 2 1/4 hours to get down to Sydney now (Blacktown/Quakers Hill area) when I have to visit. I’ll usually go down and back in the same day - can’t wait to get out of there! It gets very hectic here in the summer hols and Easter. We just lay low and avoid the busy areas! Living the dream! 😜

It was always going to be the way when the bypass came in, something all that area & many others have had to endure...…………. in the name of progress!

Oak.jpg.ce649bdd627ebbdb1421800b9885bf8e.jpg

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

It was always going to be the way when the bypass came in, something all that area & many others have had to endure...…………. in the name of progress!

I like the car old and new blended. 

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:
6 hours ago, Welster said:

Im hearing you @Welster

That’s why we moved 4 years ago @Welster & being more affordable to green Point C.Coast, if it wasn’t for 25years+ of customers in Sydney (plumber) we probably would’ve moved to paradise (P. Stephens  scratchie town😂). Over the last 2 to 3 years the traffic & people have become quite hectic up this way on any nice weekend & during the holidays, around Christmas if you’re not on the water by 5:30 your struggling for a park, at the end of the holidays is when the locals start coming out of hibernation 

2 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

in the name of progress!

Love the now & then photo with the car 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 6:55 PM, frankS said:

Geoff. I would be happy to jump in your boat with you and share costs mate. I will try and catch a load of Slimies before the event and salt them down so we can have lots of bait. I only intend to fish on the Saturday IF that is OK with you ?. Will attend the 10am BBQ Sunday Morn and drive home after that.

We will all have to have a meeting Saturday afternoon as planned by Scratchie so we can decide on who get's the prizes.

Thanks so much for the offer of the ride and I'm sure we will be OK as a team.

Frank

That's no worries at all Frank... Looking forward to it mate

@Scratchie Looks like you guys will be doing alright for these reds, if the snapper are down my end, Im sure as bat poop, you guys should get on fine up your end and hopefully get a decent haul, im out for that weekend unfortunately was hoping to come meet up and get to know everyone etc:( may be up in the area to come have a chinwag but its the family funtime geocaching adventure weekend :) or atleast the kids think its funtime adventure..

Edited by Squ!rt

I'm locked in, will be based at soldiers point. Will meet up with the rest of you at little beach. For those who have a  vhf or 27meg radio, should we organise a specific channel that we can all keep in contact with each other on the days were up there?  

I've only got a VHF and go by my boats name 'DONT PANIC'

Cheers

Ojay

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ojay Samson said:

I'm locked in, will be based at soldiers point. Will meet up with the rest of you at little beach. For those who have a  vhf or 27meg radio, should we organise a specific channel that we can all keep in contact with each other on the days were up there?  

I've only got a VHF and go by my boats name 'DONT PANIC'

Cheers

Ojay

We will be picking a channel 👍

On 5/20/2019 at 11:26 AM, Scratchie said:

Little beach boat ramp

A75C115F-3C0D-459E-B912-F7BCB78BC229.thumb.jpeg.595e033183109337bb73f17d95d27367.jpeg

For those interested. Port Stephens is two and half times the size of Sydney Harbour 

Yet another question dies the ramp have a tap available to flush the engine? 

45 minutes ago, Welster said:

Yet another question dies the ramp have a tap available to flush the engine? 

No. They’re crimped into an oval shape. You’d need to find somewhere else to flush it or maybe bring a collapsible flushing bin.

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Thanks 1

Getting pretty excited as the event draws nearer! I’ll give it one more week and confirm numbers! 

I’ve started mapping out plenty of areas to fish and have received a heap of maps and stickers from fisheries to hand out! 

Hopefully I’ll be heading out next Monday in search of a few, just to confirm they are out there! Lol 😝

If anyone wants to be added or removed from the list then please send me a pm! 

If anyone is still looking for a boat to board then please post here and hopefully we can accommodate all. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

4 hours ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...ive sold my boat,I doubt I’ll have another before the date,so I’m out.i will come up on the Friday nite for a beer.

Thanks mate! I’m sure we could accommodate you on someone’s boat if your keen! 

1 hour ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...scratchie,as you know I live in port Stephens,and fish Broughton all the time.i would hate to take a seat from some one who has never or rarely fish up here.

I know you do! Your looking at it the wrong way, maybe you could help a few raiders get into the fish!!! 🤔 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, kingie chaser said:

Stopped in there a few time when I used to ride up the coast. 🙂