Port Stephens winter reds- whose interested?

Scratchie

6 minutes ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...I’m in...the only thing that could stop me is my boat will be for sale very soon,and may not have a replacement.

With the amount of interest I’m sure we could find you a ride! 

Scratchie. Put my name down, would love to meet a couple of legends of the site, I will only be fishing enclosed waters IF any. I'm sure we will be having a on land get together at a club or something so that would do me.

Frank

• Like 1

Id be keen if someone is willing to offer me a berth on their vessel.

As a trade off for the trip & fuel I could offer free basic share accommodation at my family's 2bdr unit at dutchies.

I get the double you get the single bunks 😁

Have all my own gear & will bring burley/bait although I prefer to use lures & SP's or get live bait.

Would be great to meet up with you blokes for starters 😊

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

Has there been a date set in concrete as yet ? Time is marching on and it would be good to know when it is happening so members can book accommodation . I know from personal experience that these things take a lot of organising but IF left till the last moment many members won't be able to organise time off or some other aspect that would stop them from turning up.

Cheers Frank

• Like 1

I'm pretty keen. It would be good to meet some people and learn some new skills.

I'm hopeless when it comes to soft plastics so I'm up for some lessons on the day or before as well( hint hint) if anyone's keen to part with some knowledge. 

I live down Maitland area so I'll probably just drive up each day or do an over nighter.

Are we thinking of a catching up off the water as well for a beer or 2?

41 minutes ago, Peter Nelson said:

I'm pretty keen. It would be good to meet some people and learn some new skills.

I'm hopeless when it comes to soft plastics so I'm up for some lessons on the day or before as well( hint hint) if anyone's keen to part with some knowledge. 

I live down Maitland area so I'll probably just drive up each day or do an over nighter.

Peter. I'm pretty sure there will be a general meeting somewhere at a designated place and time so we can all get to meet one another and have a general tongue wag some time during the week end. We can't fish 24 hours a day!! Or can we?.

Frank

5 hours ago, frankS said:

Has there been a date set in concrete as yet ? Time is marching on and it would be good to know when it is happening so members can book accommodation . I know from personal experience that these things take a lot of organising but IF left till the last moment many members won't be able to organise time off or some other aspect that would stop them from turning up.

Cheers Frank

I’m trying to work it out. Will advise in the next day or two!  👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Nelson said:

Scratchie only drinks water supposedly 😂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

I’m trying to work it out. Will advise in the next day or two!  👍

All good, Jeff! I’ll do my best to make myself available. Accommodation’s not an issue for me, of course, but I’d be interested in rafting up with other Raiders overnight at Broughton.

This thread should be made a sticky so that it doesn't get lost in amongst all the other great topics. Took me a while to find it . I'm pretty sure I will be a starter but not sure as yet IF I will be bringing my 4.3m tinnie up or hitch a ride with someone ?.

Frank

Hey Scratchie, I am happy to sponsor the event with supplying some printed tee shirts for all who turn up.

So knowing a confirmed date would be good and getting access to a logo and details to put on the tees.

The offer is there if you want.

Cheers 

The Skipper ( Paul )

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the skipper said:

Hey Scratchie, I am happy to sponsor the event with supplying some printed tee shirts for all who turn up.

So knowing a confirmed date would be good and getting access to a logo and details to put on the tees.

The offer is there if you want.

Cheers 

The Skipper ( Paul )

That’s a very generous offer Paul but this is not an official fishraider social event. More of a catch up to go fishing 😉

We all need an excuse to go fishing! 😝