Port Stephens winter reds- whose interested?

Scratchie

Alright guys, 

Lock this date in: 

21-23 June 2019

Friday afternoon: 

Meet at the Anna Bay Tavern @6pm

Saturday morning: 

Meet at Little Beach boat ramp @5am 

Meet back at the ramp at 3-4pm for a cold beverage. 

Sunday: 

Late breakfast at Shoal Bay for anyone interested. 

More to come tomorrow!!! 

But those are the dates and regardless of attendance, I’m going fishing! 

You are all welcome to tag along! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Sounds good for me  I have comp wknd the one before so two in a row will be great

Back in the day, I would have stayed up for the week!

Sounds good, Jeff! My work roster for June’s not in yet but if my rotation stays the same, that should be my weekend off. I probably couldn’t do the Anna Bay Tavern though, as I usually work Friday nights.

And can we keep in touch out on the water by radio? Say, channel 72, VHF?

Edited by Berleyguts

6 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Back in the day, I would have stayed up for the week!

Sounds good, Jeff! My work roster for June’s not in yet but if my rotation stays the same, that should be my weekend off. I probably couldn’t do the Anna Bay Tavern though, as I usually work Friday nights.

And can we keep in touch out on the water by radio? Say, channel 72, VHF?

Baz, your shop closes at 8 so you can get there on the way home! 

I have a few ideas in the pipeline that will make the weekend interesting for all. 

I'll be there Friday Afternoon Trying to get accommodation close to the tavern but they haven't got back to me yet. So far staying Friday night sat night and probably drive home Sunday, but will have to see what happens, IF we fish Sunday I may stay over Sun night as well and drive home Monday.  Looking forward to this.

Frank

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frankS said:

I'll be there Friday Afternoon Trying to get accommodation close to the tavern but they haven't got back to me yet. So far staying Friday night sat night and probably drive home Sunday, but will have to see what happens, IF we fish Sunday I may stay over Sun night as well and drive home Monday.  Looking forward to this.

Frank

I wouldn’t stay right out at Anna Bay, Frank, if I were you. I’d suggest staying closer to the ramp. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Berleyguts said:

I wouldn’t stay right out at Anna Bay, Frank, if I were you. I’d suggest staying closer to the ramp. Just a thought.

Just thinking if I had a couple OR 3 beers I could walk back to my room that's all.

Frank

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, frankS said:

Frank

Good stuff Frank! Don’t listen to Baz lol. Anna bay is only 10 mins from the ramp! Same as Boat Harbour where I live! 

• Haha 1

Are we having some sort of comp ?. I could maybe supply a couple of riggers for biggest fish caught OR something similar.

Frank

Yes! I have a few things I’m working on and will announce shortly! 

19 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Baz, your shop closes at 8 so you can get there on the way home! 

I have a few ideas in the pipeline that will make the weekend interesting for all. 

Well, it’s not exactly on the way home but I’d need to get home and load the boat and manoeuvre it into position for an early start. This is why I don’t usually fish the morning after a late finish! But that’s just me! As it is, it might be open mic night at the AB Tavern that night, so I might be tempted to get up... and that will make an early morning start interesting... and tempt fate with the missus! 😂

Yeah, when I think of it, everywhere in the Bay’s within 10 minutes. Duh! 🙄 

Edited by Berleyguts

4 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Yeah, when I think of it, everywhere in the Bay’s within 10 minutes. Duh! 🙄  

Haha, you could always find accommodation 3 mins from the ramp! 😝

Is Broughton Island within 2 miles of shore ? Just wondering IF I bring my 14 ft tinnie will I need to bring my EPIRB, would have to probably get new battery for it as I haven't used it for several years.

Frank

Is Broughton Island within 2 miles of shore ? Just wondering IF I bring my 14 ft tinnie will I need to bring my EPIRB, would have to probably get new battery for it as I haven't used it for several years.

Frank

No it’s not 2 miles offshore! But you do need the rest of the safety equipment! 

I will write a post tomorrow in more detail. 

Gday guys, 

Thank you all for the amazing response to catch up for a fish! 

It should be a great weekend and hopefully the weather and fish play ball. 

Whats the plan??????

After some much thought, this is what I’ve come up with. 

Meet: Anna Bay Tavern on the GAN GAN rd, Anna Bay @6pm 

Once there we get a chance to meet and greet. 

I will be handing out two maps of the area. 

One with sanctuary zones and one with pretty much all the gps marks and areas I’ve caught fish over the last 20 years! 🤫 

You will also be given a yellow flag to display on your boat to denote our group! 

There is also an opportunity to chip in $10 per person if you wish, for a few meetings over the weekend. 

Dont stress if you miss Friday night. 

Saturday morning: 

Meet at Little Beach boat ramp @5am where I’ll cook up a sausage sandwich and juice. We’ll leave at first light so it’s a bit safer for first time travellers. 

This also will give everyone the opportunity to catch up again if you missed the night before. 

If everyone then wants to come back to the ramp between 4-5pm where we’ll put on another sausage sandwich and maybe a coldie or soft drink! 

Here, everyone gets to show off there prized catch and maybe a prize for the winner! 

Sunday: totally up to you if you want to head back out but I will throw on a late breakfast at shoal bay boat ramp @10am. 

All in all, it should be a great weekend and fantastic to meet up with many like minded people. 

Two things I can’t control is the weather and the fish! 

Although, the options up here to get out and wet a line are endless! 

Any questions please feel free to ask or send me a pm! 

If you’ve put your name down and can’t make it, don’t stress! I’m going fishing regardless 👍

Cheers scratchie!!! 

@GoingFishing @rickmarlin62 @Berleyguts @510 sea spirit @blaxland @Woodsy1 @gundi4 @campr @Pauafritta @tyrone07 @Ojay Samson @back cruncher @frankS @noelm @garfield28 @quintrex52 @jeffb5.8 @kingie chaser @the skipper @micktempe @Sigma @61 crusher @antonywardle @Peter Nelson @Loomesy @Welster @GordoRetired@Nikolaki

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Scratchie. I will make and donate 2x stainless steel Riggers for a major prize . These are sort of a poor mans mini outrigger, virtually just an extended rod holder. For 2nd prize I will donate a boat cover, either 14-16 ft OR 18-22 ft whichever one the winner wants, and a downrigger bomb as a consolation prize, there is 3 prizes for starters. Suggestions Best Snapper for major prize, best other species for boat cover and best mixed bag for downrigger bomb.

Unless there are better suggestions ?.

Frank

• Like 5

1 minute ago, frankS said:

Scratchie. I will make and donate 2x stainless steel Riggers for a major prize . These are sort of a poor mans mini outrigger, virtually just an extended rod holder. For 2nd prize I will donate a boat cover, either 14-16 ft OR 18-22 ft whichever one the winner wants, and a downrigger bomb as a consolation prize, there is 3 prizes for starters. Suggestions Best Snapper for major prize, best other species for boat cover and best mixed bag for downrigger bomb.

Unless there are better suggestions ?.

Frank

Haha, too generous Frank! But thank you very much. I’m sure we’ll come up with some good reasons to give them away to deserving participants! 

To add, this invitation to come and have a fish with me and everyone else is open to all you good folk and your family and friends. 

My kids will be coming out too and fingers crossed the weather is kind to us! 

If anyone needs to know anything about the area at all then please send me a pm! 

It should be a cracking weekend with a few fish thrown in the mix! 

Stay tuned......

cheers scratchie!!! 

For those who don't know what a rod rigger is , here is a photo.

217590486_rodrigger2.jpg.f128ec1824bf53bb3213194cfc2ea01a.jpg

There will be 2 of these for the major prize winner one for each side of the boat. They virtually extend your rod out about 2 feet so act as a mini outrigger.

Frank

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tyrone07 said:

Mate you know how much I love my snapper fishing but sadly I fly to Europe that day. Two weeks of drinking piss and sailing Croatia in their summer. Spewing 👎

Now that’s the poorest excuse I’ve ever heard! Sucks to be you! Lol 😝 

Enjoy mate and make sure your checking in to see our awesome catches! If not, I’ll send you some pics personally!