jnrfinatic

Sydney kings going off

Left the ramp at 5am for 1 mission and 1 mission only, successfully hook a kingi and get it in the boat for my cousins first king(and let him fight it). Grabbed some Pillies on the way to the ramp and as soon as we got there we headed to spot x and gathered some squid, one decent squid in that spot and off we were to another spot, got 6 squid out of that spot and 3 were humungous so we had enough baits for the day. Fished for more squid cause there was still 2hours till high tide and nothing. 2hours later headed to the kingi spot near north head and as soon as we got there every boat was hooked up, dropped a bait in 14.2m and BOOM the rod buckles like a freight train hit it and unfortunately lost that fish as my cousin wasn't that experienced with kings he didnt know they ran straight to the bottom and he got cut off. Next fish was a massive ray and maritime came near us and took a pic of us fighting the machine on the end of the rod and posted it on facebook, hook pulled and off it goes. Next bait was a hard fighting kingi and the rod almost slipped out of my cousins hand😄😄. Pulled it up and this was the result. Snapchat-1767630793.thumb.jpg.18697fb8591c6b5b2108ca9d1b147d2a.jpg

58cm was the length and released it. Next bait dropped and if we hooked up it was my brothers fight and we did, quickly tought him how to use and overhead reel and 2mins later we had a king in the boat.Snapchat-658176355.thumb.jpg.fe4a7bbdbb2500bf0171c7030dd35a82.jpg

57cm was length and released it. Next was my turn and always save the best for last and landed this 60cm rat.

Fishing was quiet soon after and headed to one white drum in the harbour and bait was dangling from the boat and a king came topwater and we were on.. for 1 second. Kings were everywhere on the sounder and 1king soon after. Called it a day as we had no more bait and actually forgot about the pillies so we left and headed back to the ramp.Snapchat-619127042.thumb.jpg.7cb0bea22d113a1d2687327de74352ed.jpg

• Like 11

Great report. Sounds like a great day out. Hopefully they are still around tomorrow (& a bit less crowded too).

• Like 1

Awesome day on the water well done putting the cousin on his first king.  Love it when a plan comes together. 

• Like 1

Nice one. I hope I can put my buddies son onto his first kingie on Thursday. Want a meter kingie to pull his arms out. 😂

• Like 1

Awesome work there buddy. Kings are great fun even as rats.

What boat are you fishing from mate I'm curious about the internal layout

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Awesome work there buddy. Kings are great fun even as rats.

What boat are you fishing from mate I'm curious about the internal layout

I'm fishing on my cousins uncles 6.2m center console that was custom built and is called finnin after finning around, my dads name for all his boats and has old garmin electronics, hopping to change to a furuno decked boat

5 minutes ago, jnrfinatic said:

I'm fishing on my cousins uncles 6.2m center console that was custom built and is called finnin after finning around, my dads name for all his boats and has old garmin electronics, hopping to change to a furuno decked boat

He wouldnt happen to be a raider would he. There used to be a member here on fishraider called "finin" but he hasnt posted in quite some time.

4 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

He wouldnt happen to be a raider would he. There used to be a member here on fishraider called "finin" but he hasnt posted in quite some time.

He introduced me to fishraider so I'm assuming he is but he told me he isn't soooo I wouldn't know

Nothing better than going out and getting your target species, nice report and great photos especially the one of your cousin Billy his smile 😃 is as big as the Kingys mouth, great boys day out

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jnrfinatic said:

He introduced me to fishraider so I'm assuming he is but he told me he isn't soooo I wouldn't know

It's a vision design custom boat

Even the small ones go hard. Sounds like a fun day. 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

Even the small ones go hard. Sounds like a fun day. 🙂

Yes they do, still waiting for a metre kingi