Port Stephens Jewfish

quintrex52

Did our annual April trip to Port Stephens in anticipation of catching some jewfish, snapper and possible longtail tuna. We had failed the past two seasons with tuna due to the big down pours we had around the Easter break, so this year decided to go after the second week of the school holidays so history wouldn’t repeat. But what a bad decision it was with guys catching  longtail left right and centre from the intel I got from Scratchie .

Not all was lost though.. I did a jewfish session on Saturday up in the bay which resulted in two huge Jew which both went 120+cm a new PB for myself😋 both were captured on live slimies an hour either side of the tide change. With so much fish and the new jewfish bag limits we left them biting

Then on Monday meet up with @Scratchie  who was sick as a dog from a bad flu 🤧 but the good bloke he is he battled on and came out. The idea was to head to Broughton for some snapper action but the southerly 2.3m swell put a stop to that quick smart

So plan B was to hide behind Fingal and try a few spot around there but there was an infestation of red weed. Then went back to shoal bay for a flathead flick on sp but after half and hour we agreed to go back up ramp and spend some time with the family as it was last days of school holidays also Jeff was in urgent need of some coldrals.

We then tried an evening Jew sesh but only got hassled by squid eat our livies along with tangles and wobigong shark. 

Still a memorable trip and can’t  wait till June for @Scratchie snapper meet with the raiders.

Till the next post tight line raiders

CA684F4F-88CC-419D-B4F1-1C0B8CB1E306.jpeg

2C3AD139-D4F1-4153-94B7-9E71CC366DA7.jpeg

9508A08B-4039-4F4B-B3D8-D54BEDFFFCBE.jpeg

Edited by quintrex52
  • Like 15

What crackers :thumbup:.

Wherever that spot was can we go there in June scratchie……………...please...………………...please 🤣

Scratchie doesn't look sick at all!

Then again catching that will perk you up 👌

Well done fella's

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

Nice work champ! 

Mate, I haven’t had a flu in years so your timing was pretty bad. With that, the weather and the longtail disappearing but you managed a couple of cracking Jew there and congrats on your pb! 

Now to get that snapper pb broken! 💪

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work champ! 

Mate, I haven’t had a flu in years so your timing was pretty bad. With that, the weather and the longtail disappearing but you managed a couple of cracking Jew there and congrats on your pb! 

Now to get that snapper pb broken! 💪

cheers scratchie!!! 

Fingers crossed, can’t wait🤟

10 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Wherever that spot was can we go there in June scratchie……………...please...………………...please 🤣

We sure can! Marks will only be available to those that turn up! 👍

• Like 1