Sydney Kings or Hawkesbury Jewies- a hardcall

Pickles

I had the day off today and was disappointed that it was cold start, with wind (accurately) predicted to be 25knots with a 2m+ swell. I was going to tag along with Gazza Titterton (Sydney Jewfish), but decided to target Kingies in a secluded and protected bay in Sydney Harbour. It wasn’t looking good with squid and Yakkas hard to get, but managed to fill the live bait tank and burleyed up. On the turn of the tide, the Kingies went nuts, some even being caught on bread.

Total  for the day was 19. Only one kept (73cm), the rest released - one triple hookup and busted up twice on some big units. One had a jungle hook (foul hooked) in its side which was removed before releasedI left them biting and off the water at 10.30, a great day - praise God.

2FC837FC-287C-41F3-B26D-30B2C689082D.jpeg

F783C120-3B46-4D9F-B1BF-86E9F43F04C4.jpeg

78921787-F151-4E68-AB4E-D1D930BD0AE3.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I like a heavy sinker above swivel if using a live bait. This allows 2 live baits out at once (either side of the boat). If they are really finicky (have been lately), I’ll drop down hook and line size and even to 10lb with a running sinker just above hook.

• Thanks 1