Thursday fishing from Sydney

saltrix

With an earlier forecast of strong winds we thought burley and the harbour would be the best option but this morning there was only a moderate westerly so we decided to try DY wide.  Trolling Washaway  and North Head drew a blank but they are always better with a bit of wash.

With the breeze we needed a sea anchor to slow the drift but the flathead seemed hungry and were a mix of Bluespot and Marbled and varied in size from 34 to 54 cm.

As the morning went on the breeze dropped and the sea anchor was not needed.

seas-thurs.thumb.jpg.1a00af491b5d55fea9a1cb456ab02bd2.jpg

We headed in about 10.30 and I took this picture as I thought it looked good and made me feel fortunate to live in Sydney where we have such a beautiful harbour.

I took the fish out of the ice slurry to take a picture but they would not fit on the esky.

fish-thirs2.jpg.7526545e24ee2bd7cbc90264de59bbec.jpgfish-thurs1.thumb.jpg.4bb4a0d1a9f4c2c9828252d00589fd4e.jpg

We both got a good feed taking 16 between us but none will be wasted.

hEADS-THURS.jpg

• Like 10

yes working with cranes today i saw seabreeze  predict a drop at lunch and a direction change  ,i thought they would be wrong but seabreeze was 100% correct today .looks like a great day out there

Nice report and photos, you had a nice calm day by the looks of it, i wasn't so lucky. I went out on Friday and it blew offshore horrible plus very choppy swell with the wind changing direction many times. I couldn't get anything offshore but in the harbour 2 kings and the squid were playing ball for a change.

We were fishing in 50 to 55m.  It was fishing for a feed using 35lb braid 30lb leader and 1lb lead and a sea anchor early to hold bottom.

Use your sounder to fish between the reefs but you must be on the bottom to catch the flathead. Use a lighter trace on the lead so you don’t lose the rig on a snag.

pM me if you want a starter gps mark.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, blaxland said:

Very nice Im heading out Wednesday as conditions look good can I ask what depth of water were you near the spot called the whale?

Latitude S Longitude E

Whale 33.47.070 151.22.480

33.47.000 151.22.550

Whale.jpg

Whale 2.png

Edited by GoingFishing

I was not near the spot called the whale and do not know it.

you have a copy of my bottom depths chart and on it is clearly marked one of my spots labelled FF and the depth there is 52m.

Perhaps you can tell me what the red mark and gps is east of my spots.

Saltrix