A quick Roseville bridge fish

TurtleTown

Had a hour to kill after work today and hadn’t been out for a while so headed down to the closest bit of water under Roseville bridge. While I’ve never had much luck there from the land it was that or nothing!

Still loving my float fishing at the moment and find when I use bait it always finds its way under one, and today was no different. Had some old frozen prawns I needed to use and got down at the peak of the high tide as it hit dusk.

Rigged up a prawn tail and threw it out under a float and settled in to watch the dusk reflect off the flat water. Wasn’t long till the float disappeared and when I struck there was nothing, tiddlers I thought pretty much what I expected really. A few more repeats and a few prawns down and to my surprise just as it was getting too dark to fish the float went under and this time I felt some weight and the drag was being pulled a bit! After a short fight I ended up with a nice little 28cm bream hooked in the corner of the mouth! A quick pic and threw him back to fight another day. 

All in all was a good little session, worth the trip for sure

A7A5AB3D-0C3C-4602-9DEE-4BA74A6EAC93.jpeg

• Like 3