Sydney Harbour meander

Slawman

Hit the water around 5.30 this morning after some debate whether the wind was too strong.  

Usual run to our livey spot was uneventful and it wasn't long before we had a tank full of nice little yakkas.  Interesting they seemed a lot easier this morning than they have for the last month, no idea why as we are doing the exact same thing.

We headed straight to the colours and dropped a couple of baits, there was nothing interesting on the sounder except what looked like a decent bait ball on the first pass.  We thought it may be squid as the yakka was gone on retrieval and my son thought he felt the tell-tale sign of squid pulling every now and again.  On the next pass we put down a squid spike but still nothing (but yakka gone)....

Tried one more pass for nothing then went across to the artificial where the boats were however still nothing on the sounder... two drifts across the structure for nothing and with the wind a little strong and no one with any action that we could tell it was off to hunt for some Kingies in the harbour.  Tried all the usual spots.......nothing except hoards of leather jacket.  I have never seen anything strip a soft plastic or live bait so fast, it was like swarms of piranha.  They would even have a chew at the knots on the tackle. 

So that was it for today, officially a dud for fishing but there is no other way I would rather spend a Sunday morning.

Tight lines all!     

Edited by Slawman
Spelling
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, blaxland said:

Nice report just out of interest what do you get at the colours when its firing 

We were swinging at Kingies today however I have hooked all sorts of stuff at Colours.  Last week we got a Barracuda and a Sargent Baker.  You can also get onto squid when they are there.

• Like 1