Shimano Stradic FL Reel.

Rebel

Just what I've seen on the Shimano site. If it's correct the 5000 has lost some weight ( not that the last one was heavy) . I've been quite a fan of the stradics over the years and this new one looks like it will be added to the household at some point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 11:55 AM, xerotao said:

New stradic fl looks the goods

But im still disappointed shimano au did not bring over the stradic sw

The new FL has "X Protect" which is the only real difference with the SW isn't it?

7 hours ago, Slawman said:

The new FL has "X Protect" which is the only real difference with the SW isn't it?

In the FK lineup only the 5000c came with xprotect and carbon washers unlike the smaller line up with had felt washers.

The stradic sw 2018 5000 is actually a full sized 5000 reel, not like the 5000compact which is a 4000 body with a bigger spool.

Stradic SW has a better anti reverse clutch plate taken from the Stella and Twinpower range. and has a serviceable line roller bearing where the SW has a pressed bearing in the line roller and is unserviceable (iv replaced mine 2x and due for a 3rd)

Also gold bling and carbon knob. (similar to stella swb and twinpower sw)

On 6/1/2019 at 11:08 AM, Rebel said:

Just found them on You Tube. One dealer is taking orders. Due at the end of July. Not cheap. Nothing from Shimano is.

Lots of cheap Shimano gear around, like most manufacturers, they make everything from the cheap combo, right up to the Stellas.