Fishing after all this rain

Poly2096

Just curious to what everyone thinks about how the rain we have had will affect fishing in Sydney. Once the swell settles down will fishing be ok or are we better waiting for a longer time?  I might have a window to get out this weekend and just trying to figure out if I should stay in the harbour and target kinds, squid etc. or if I should get outside and target snapper. Or if I should head up to broken bay and target jewfish? I’m a bit new to fishing in Sydney 

Fished inside Port Hacking yesterday, and there was no change in colour from the rain. Much more rain needed to colour up. 4 or 5 inches of rain over 1 or 2 days will colour up nicely in the Hacking.

Guest Guest123456789
7 hours ago, Poly2096 said:

Just curious to what everyone thinks about how the rain we have had will affect fishing in Sydney. Once the swell settles down will fishing be ok or are we better waiting for a longer time?  I might have a window to get out this weekend and just trying to figure out if I should stay in the harbour and target kinds, squid etc. or if I should get outside and target snapper. Or if I should head up to broken bay and target jewfish? I’m a bit new to fishing in Sydney 

Sounds like a good plan A and plan B to me you just need to choose the waterway. ‘Why not the closest one’ is the immediate question that springs to mind

The boat is in Pittwater so it’s a matter of either staying in Pittwater or driving 20mins to get out. I just wasn’t sure if the rain makes it better or worse in or out of the harbour. Thanks guys 

7 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Sunday and Monday looks good outside! The snapper should be chewing their heads off after this southerly push! 

Giod luck whatever you decide! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

What Scratchie said. Should be a couple of cracker days!

• 3 months later...

Just opening an old thread as I didn't want to start a new one.

Rain is always a welcomes sight, a shame its not reaching as much of the west where its really needed.

But places like Mudgee have had 30 mils so that's great for the region.

So same question as the OP.

I had planned to go fishing in Botany bay tomorrow, actually Wednesday originally but that was never going to happen.

Anyway now we have had so much rain is it worth the effort??

I have other things to do like some mods on the tinny so if going fishing would be a bit of a waste of time I would rather do the mods in preparation for the next trip.

How long would you wait after all this rain flushes out everything out of the rivers before you would get back out there??