Port Hacking - slowing down

Yowie

Headed out early, up from Lilli Pilli.

It was a bit quiet at first, then by half light a few bites started. The bream and reddies are only just over the size. The smaller bream was gill hooked and came up half dead, so that is why I kept it. Fish and squid strips used, though the fish strips produced the legal fish, the squid only pickers.

When the jackets started biting, I threw over a little bit of burley, but all that did was attract dozens of 10cm reddies. They grabbed the bait before the jackets did, so gave that away and headed home.

Not one fish splash to be seen near the boat, no yakkas at all.

The water is clear, so night time fishing may produce something, if you don't mind the cold.

Over the Long Weekend, a mate took me out to Bate Bay, where we fished from late arvo into the night. The total catch was 1 tailor, 1 reef jacket, 1 trevally and 2 squid. Stacks of large yakkas and a couple of slimeys under the boat. Cut them up and used some of the fresh squid but bugger all. Even the rubbish fish were quiet.

fish.jpeg.195.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

You do know how to produce the goods in your area Yowie.

Well done.

Thank you.

I find that by the shortest day of the year, due very shortly, day time fishing inside the Hacking is quiet for a couple of months. Time to have a go outside for some flatties.

3 minutes ago, Welster said:

Maybe your mate would of been better off going with you!

Have not told him yet what I caught.

Due to a couple of problems (old age related :lol:) he does not like sitting in a small boat on flat seats any more, so I am happy to head out in his larger boat at times. Cabin, dunny, cooking bench, bunks ( not that I sleep while fishing ).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Great result as always Yowie.  The fishing will get tough over the next few weeks especially inside the bays

Yep. A good dump of rain is needed, but not much forecast.