Port Stephens- Pre fish

Scratchie

44 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Could it come into play with a low tide expected for 5.45am & also how many of us are going to be putting in at the same time Baz?

Or will the low tide play in its favour?

Just throwing it out there.

I haven’t seen it yet. I got those pics off Facebook. I’ll check it out at low tide on Tuesday afternoon. It might not be an issue if you’re aware of it. I usually inspect the ramp before I launch or retrieve anyway.

He enjoyed the snapper. Still likes flathead better but will eat it again.

• Like 1

Update on ramp...

I had a look half an hour ago. It’s almost dead low now. I couldn’t see an issue with the ramp at all. Maybe they’ve resettled the alleged offending slab of concrete??? Looks all good for the weekend to me!

B7F58DB2-22CD-4AFD-BF06-A308FC49CC1F.jpeg

5FB1AAFC-C516-44CF-82FF-108BC9E1C33A.jpeg

B9AB3A54-9722-4B33-8F7A-9EAC207FF26F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2019 at 5:16 PM, Berleyguts said:

Little Beach. The sand has been cleared recently so it’s pretty easy for most boats. Shoal Bay ramp is closer but it’s shallower so not so good for bigger boats. Neither ramps have a jetty or pontoon to tie up to. Use Soldiers Point if you want that - heaps better ramp but a longer run to the heads. Probably takes me 10-15 minutes but longer coming back into the winter westerlies in my open boat! “You grit your teeth and get wet!@ 😂

Thanks BerleyGuts.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:27 PM, Scratchie said:

Gday raiders,

Just a quick report from the beautiful Port Stephens today! 

Headed out with a couple of raiders @Berleyguts and @Aerialangler to see if we could find a few snapper. We met up at the ramp at 530 and headed out for some live bait. It wasn’t showing much on the sounder so after a few quick drops of nothing, we packed up and headed to Broughton. 

Trying to catch one on sps was the game of the day and on the first or second drift Kent came up tight on a nice one that put up a great fight and was soon into the boat. A Pb for him and a nice one at that. 

Next drift and after many changes of sp I finally hooked onto a good fish that was taking plenty of drag. I’m pleased to say everything held tight and Baz was kind enough to net the brut for me! 

After that we had a few boats around us driving up the drift and the wind ever changing making things difficult so we decided to change areas. The next few spots didn’t yield much other than some bycatch and the snapper seemed to have disappeared. We stuck at it for a while but decided to call it a day and a have beer with a slow drive back to Port! 

Seen a few whales splashing about and had a few buzz’s from the jets, great day out in the water! 

Thanks to Baz and Kent for a great session! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

773C4627-CE12-4140-97A6-CA31C6B8C85B.thumb.jpeg.8397df33f57ac8ddfd21aa0520c3ff18.jpegC75524A3-5D1D-4D11-A16D-F874DBFE847E.thumb.jpeg.96f12f8632ecbb385bfd9fd238b385d6.jpeg719EE13C-0801-4EC7-A8B8-3E897183A85D.thumb.jpeg.ddee2a8a71751afa01339eb910185af1.jpeg

your truly blessed at Port Stephens mate

• Like 1