Hybrid Performance

GoingFishing

G'day Raiders

Headed down to Bellambi again today to chase reds. We had good session managing a nice bag of reds between 35cm and 45cm and two flatties. They weren't enormous fish but perfect table size.

Also kept one large leatherjacket but probably more out of spite than anything else 🤣🤣 lost alot of gear to them today.

Today we had 5 rods out, two hybrids, two snapper rigs and a standard paternoster. The hybrids did most of the damage boating I'd say 80% of the fish. 

Perfect conditions today, slight breeze in the morning but by 9am I packed up the sea anchor as it wasn't needed anymore. Drift speed around 1km/hr (SOG). 

Also fell off my chair when I saw the water temp on my fishfinder only to realise there's something wrong with my transducer. Upon inspection back at the ramp it appears I have a chip on my transducer where some of the plastic cover has broken away. Spewing and don't even know how that happened.

All in all a great day out !

Thanks for reading 

Sam

Screenshot_20190615-142959_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190615-143016_Video Player.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Nice report!!

Just wondering, what's a hybrid rig?

Thanks mate. It's basically an extended paternoster with single dropper. You can find more detail in my report from last week.

7 hours ago, Yowie said:

Another good bag of reds.

Thanks Yowie. Happy with that

Another nice bag of fish & photos, shame about the transducer however if the gauge still picks up variations in temp & not crazy readings you could take out a thermometer a couple of times & add the degrees accordingly 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Another nice bag of fish & photos, shame about the transducer however if the gauge still picks up variations in temp & not crazy readings you could take out a thermometer a couple of times & add the degrees accordingly 

Thanks crusher. It was going crazy so I think it needs replacement. Saw a temp reading of -212 flash on the screen!!!!

2 hours ago, Woodsy1 said:

Nice feed there, well done

Woodsy

Thanks Woodsy. 

35 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Haha Sam, -4.1??? Fishing the Atlantic mate! 

Good catch of reds there! Perfect for a whole baked snapper each! Bummer about the transducer though! 😩

cheers scratchie!!! 

Mate i tell you with these cold winters Sydney been having i wouldnt be surprised if we were fishing atlantic conditions !!

The snapper at this size go very well baked in the oven as you say ! I usually bake them with spud potatos, carrots and throw some mixed herbs over the top of them such as nuts, garlic, lemon and chilli.

On the side, some tahini sauce (similar to tarator).

But all that being said, my favourite eating fish by far is flathead. Whilst snapper fishing "feels" more rewarding, the humble flatty is my favourite on the tooth.

• Like 1