Braid - Looking for specific

Spool

5 minutes ago, BuckWild said:

Personally don't think it has to go on super tight, just has go on under tension. There's virtually no stretch in braid anyway so it will go on the real the same regardless if you put it on under 2kg of tension or 500g 

Yeah, it just doesn’t seem to fit as tight as mono. I guess I’ll just have to hook a few decent fish to get it packed on better! 😂

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BuckWild said:

+1

Currently running Duel Hardcore X8 and YGK G-Soul Upgrade X8 on all my reels. 

I've recently tried the J Braid Grand and Sunline Siglon PE x8 but had so many windknots I went back to Duel/YGK

I read somewhere that Duel Hardcore and YGK G-Soul are the same, just rebranded.

• Like 1

On the topic of braid has anyone tried majorcraft dangan in multi colour depth x8 or x4, it is very thin for its breaking strain compared to other braids & have been told by someone that they haven’t experienced wind knots, it’s 20% off at the moment at the snake shop & 300m x8 normally around 60 odd dollars, any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, Berleyguts said:

Interesting point about the tension. I notice that I tend to get more tangles in my braid when it seems to be looser on the spool. After getting a hell of a tangle on Friday, I respooled a reel today with fresh 20lb braid and struggled to get it on tight enough, even using a spool tensioner.

Any tips on how to get it on TIGHT?!

I wind it on off spool and tyen tie end off to my carport and walk line off along a laneway for as far as I can and wind it back on under tension