Port Stephens Live Report

Scratchie

27 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Try floating unweighted or very lightly weighted baits along the rock walls at Soldiers Point, Anchorage or Nelson Bay marina. Just a pea sized sinker straight to the hook. Light fluorocarbon leader. You can also try small hard bodies or soft plastics. There have been some good bream about. Some good luderick at the Anchorage if you’re so inclined - there have been some 40cm models caught, even a 47cm fish. I’m thinking of you guys... while I’m home trying to repair a broken shower screen!

Wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t blowing so hard! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Not necessarily in the bay! We can only try! 

Try near Red Patch Rocks near the Dutchie’s marker around the tide change? I’ve heard of some good reds coming from there when there’s a blow outside.

88AE3B39-7C9D-4602-B5D5-22C4599AB9EE.png

I've pulled the pin as I have to be somewhere else at lunch unfortunately. 

Nice to meet a few of you briefly at the BBQ at ramp this morning. Shame about the weather and conditions today but I'm sure if we weren't all meeting up it would have been 1 metre swell, no wind and sun shining haha 

Big thanks to Scratchie, Job well done mate for the organising of the event and putting together some info, maps flags etc for the guys that don't know the area or spots that well. Shame about the weather mate but Murphy's Law hey, but cheers for the effort to get it all sorted mate 👍

Hopefully this can become an annual event, or maybe even another crack in a couple of months time again when the snapper are well and truly on the chew. 

Good luck for the remainder of the day all, I'll keep an eye over the thread throughout the rest of the day. 

Geoff 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for a great day Scratchie. It was good meeting some top people, we didnt get that memorable  catch but thats fishing.

You put a lot of effort in to make sure everyone felt welcome and had the best chance of getting amongst a few fish.

Looking forward to the next catchup.

Big thanks to Blaxland for taking me out on his boat👍, only drama now is, I want a bar crusher,  ha ha.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Update:

West Diggers 6pm for dinner to anyone interested. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks for  organising today's meet, I'll have to give this one a miss as the crew and I have opted to stay home and rest for tomorrow.... I'm hoping to head outside if weather permits.  Keep us posted if anyone else is going out tomorrow to.

Have fun tonight all those meeting up. 

Ojay

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ojay Samson said:

Thanks for  organising today's meet, I'll have to give this one a miss as the crew and I have opted to stay home and rest for tomorrow.... I'm hoping to head outside if weather permits.  Keep us posted if anyone else is going out tomorrow to.

Have fun tonight all those meeting up. 

Ojay

No worries Ojay! 

I don’t think I’ll be heading out tomorrow. Not sure about the other guys. Forecast is very similar to today which was 💩 to say the least!