Daiwa Servicing - Magseal

Hi Raiders

Can anyone tell me what the go is these days when it comes to servicing Magsealed reels? Do you still have to send them back to Daiwa because of their proprietary oil  or can anyone service them albeit without the mag-oil? Anyone have any experience with the latter and did it make any difference to the reel?

Cheers

Col

20 hours ago, savit said:

There were posts on magseal reel self-service on this forum - they might help you. Let me know if you cant find.

6 hours ago, xerotao said:

There are other sources stating that you could just use some sort of ferro fluid for the mag seal oil.

im sure google would help

Thanks Guys

Not really interested in servicing it myself, just curious if they can be serviced outside of a Daiwa service centre. I've previously sent in my 04 Certate to Daiwa for servicing and was quite disappointed as the reel felt even less smooth when I got it back

It's almost tax return time and I'm thinking of getting a new toy, and whether I go the Daiwa route will hinge on whether I can get the reels serviced elsewhere

2 hours ago, BuckWild said:

Thanks Guys

Not really interested in servicing it myself, just curious if they can be serviced outside of a Daiwa service centre. I've previously sent in my 04 Certate to Daiwa for servicing and was quite disappointed as the reel felt even less smooth when I got it back

It's almost tax return time and I'm thinking of getting a new toy, and whether I go the Daiwa route will hinge on whether I can get the reels serviced elsewhere

My local tackle shop in canley vale services mag sealed reels.

Im not sure on price tho