Old days

noelm

2 minutes ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Hank Newman gimbal bucket- there were many similar versions from different manufacturers, there are about 7 different versions here on the wall!

johns 024.JPG

The pin that the gimbal fits into is nearly worn away on mine, it had some use if the 70/80/90s 

3 minutes ago, noelm said:

Where are you getting this stuff from? your garage must be a full museum!

The house I'm sharing is with another collector/fisho- he has mainly much older stuff than mine- there are about 200 reels on the walls, plus heaps more stuff- we have been calling it a "museum" for years! Won't bore everyone with too many reel pictures (will take a couple of "wall shots" tomorrow instead)- just a couple more 'significant' reels to follow this tonight

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

I wondered what they looked like.

Now I understand how they got them off the hooks so easily.

ThanskWazza.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim yes I used to wonder that also- shows how "frenzied" the tuna get when they release the bait, as 'lure/hook" not exactly a "fish replica"

Cheers Waza

When the Tuna are brought in close to the boat, a spray of water is spread across the surface, viewed from under the surface, it looks like bait fish, the pole hook/lure is just lowered in, the Tuna hit it instantly and are simple "poled" aboard, no reels involved, when the fish hits the deck, the pressure on the slight bend on the hook is released and it just falls out, and flipped back over the side again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Old "Capstan Whirlaway 77"- these were highly desired when first on the market. Capstan made quite a few reels, but were later better known for plastic hand-lines!

johns 033.JPG

Had a look and found this. Certainly not as good as the Item itself.

December 1969 Modern Fishing.

mf.thumb.jpg.8ea0508c8c02e15e758a2fbbd3848bde.jpg

• Like 1