Old days

noelm

17 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Looking other way- if you like old things the Sunbeam "Mixmaster's" were in plenty of Aussie kitchens too!

j2 033.JPG

I did my apprenticeship with a place that repaired just about everything for the home, TV, mowers, fridges, appliances, the lot, they had in their window, one of the first Victa mowers, and I mean the first, not just an old mower, the first TV that hit the shops in 1956 (still operating, because I repaired in for display) the first Philips video recorder, not VHS or Beta, but Philips own format, and a kerosene fridge, and a round "roto fridge" that was a round fridge, great stuff.

I was down in one of my back sheds looking for something totally unrelated and came across these. I forgot I had them.

1015268753_outriggerbase1.thumb.jpg.ee607e5a0a93d1eb8ffc47048f7bd479.jpg

A set of brass outrigger bases, very heavy duty and with bayonet type mount.

1814548010_outriggerbase2.thumb.jpg.6a92907e0c186fbba99c5ba34041adac.jpg

Frank

• Like 2

Can't say that I have seen those ones before, I have a set of Ravia ones here somewhere, and a pair of Ravia rod holders, very strongly built out of cast brass or stainless, I think Ravia was made in Rockdale?

Geez, that's a awesome collection and every time I want to post I feel like I'm taking a Knife to a Gun fight 😀

So many to comment on but no time.

Below .....

Top one as Wazza said is a Wonder Wobler. Now the Wonder Wobbler is going on holidays next week and I doubt it will come back but I will try and get a couple of photos of different fish it catches before its lost, it will go down fighting.

Next is a Bourke Little Big Dig, another soft rubber the that was good on Bass,

Bottom, I can't remember, maybe a Heddon Hell Raiser ? but I'm sure someone will let us know. Though this one may  have been a copy.

fr.jpg.9eb47727c403a6543874fd59145f1844.jpg

Edited by Blackfish
  • Like 1

Variety of old threadlines- the gold one right side back is a Daiwa GS 1 one of the first "external spool" reels on the Aust market- only a couple of years prior to it's release, spinning/threadline reels had the spool inside the housing, which left the possibility of line going down between the gap and tangling around the spool. I think the preceding Daiwa "Silver Series" was about the first external spool- got a couple of unused ones in boxes here somewhere

j3 more 016.JPG

• Like 1