jnrfinatic

Haines Hunter Seawasp Thread

1 minute ago, Ah Me Ting said:

Any further work on boat?

How do to store your rods while underway? 

Yes there has been. Yesterday we drove alllll the way to springwood to pick up an aluminium fuel tank and it was worth it. 

The rod holders havent been welded in yet, but we've got snapper racks at each end of the boat. 3 on each side! 

When we are driving, the rods go on the floor, in front of the switches box, so that they cant got to the back of the boat!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jnrfinatic said:

Yes there has been. Yesterday we drove alllll the way to springwood to pick up an aluminium fuel tank and it was worth it. 

The rod holders havent been welded in yet, but we've got snapper racks at each end of the boat. 3 on each side! 

When we are driving, the rods go on the floor, in front of the switches box, so that they cant got to the back of the boat!

Somehow I forgot to add that the fuel tank goes inside the casting platform(theres another specific name for it but I cant remember).

I dont have pics of the casting platform, but when I do, I'll be sure to post it up!

Edited by jnrfinatic
  • Like 1

One of these on each side of the back of the boat

15627330895311345071212544877426.jpg

Those are outrigger bases not rod holders

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Those are outrigger bases not rod holders

' With over 20 years of experience with fishing for Jews and kings. They arent outrigger bases, there the ants pants of deckmounted tube rod holder' 

Edited by jnrfinatic

16 hours ago, jnrfinatic said:

' With over 20 years of experience with fishing for Jews and kings. They arent outrigger bases, there the ants pants of deckmounted tube rod holder' 

Aren't you only 11? 

Considering, for the first couple of years, you, like all of us were struggling to walk.

Then, the next few years, you, again like all of us, would struggle holding a decent rod, let alone manage to fight a decent kingy...

Has 'dad' taken over your login on here? 

45 minutes ago, Ah Me Ting said:

Aren't you only 11? 

Considering, for the first couple of years, you, like all of us were struggling to walk.

Then, the next few years, you, again like all of us, would struggle holding a decent rod, let alone manage to fight a decent kingy...

Has 'dad' taken over your login on here? 

No mate. 

Dad told me to write that on his half and to tell @rickmarlin62 that they aren't outrigger bases and that they're the ants pants of deckmounted tube rod holders

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jnrfinatic said:

No mate. 

Dad told me to write that on his half and to tell @rickmarlin62 that they aren't outrigger bases and that they're the ants pants of deckmounted tube rod holders

Thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps ask Dad to get his own log in and join the conversations :)

He can be mrfinatic or dadfinatic heh heh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps ask Dad to get his own log in and join the conversations :)

He can be mrfinatic or dadfinatic heh heh

Hahahahahah. I'll be sure to ask him to start a Fishraider and thanks for the reply!

On 7/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, jnrfinatic said:

I had the same thoughts about you being 11.   I know you probably didn’t mean anything by it but I’d suggest that comment didn’t go across to well and probably isn’t the best way to reply to a very experienced fisho who adds so much knowledge to this forum.

Also for your fishing reports it’s probably best to put them in the reports section and leave this thread for pimping the boat.

It’s great you are so keen and getting out having a go and learning so much keep sharing your journey. 

11 minutes ago, Welster said:

I had the same thoughts about you being 11.   I know you probably didn’t mean anything by it but I’d suggest that comment didn’t go across to well and probably isn’t the best way to reply to a very experienced fisho who adds so much knowledge to this forum.

Also for your fishing reports it’s probably best to put them in the reports section and leave this thread for pimping the boat.

It’s great you are so keen and getting out having a go and learning so much keep sharing your journey. 

Thanks mate. 

Yeah, I really wasnt sure about posting that comment after I posted it.

Sorry @rickmarlin62 if it offended you. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. But dad was just telling the truth about it. We weren't denying that it wasnt a outrigger base, I believe what my dad says hense why I posted that comment. 

Adem (Jnrfinatic)

• Like 1

Im not offended at all i was just making a statement that i stand by  they are outrigger bases   you might be using them as rod holders  but a fact is a fact

10 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Im not offended at all i was just making a statement that i stand by  they are outrigger bases   you might be using them as rod holders  but a fact is a fact

Thanks for understanding. That's your opinion of it and my dads opinion is that its a deckmounted tube rod holder! 

In case you havent noticed, dad took off the snapper racks on each end of the boat and replaced it with a 'deckmounted tube rod holder' on each end of the boat. 

He also bought new rails (2 on each side) and the other day we attached rod holders to em.