Minn Kota heading sensor mounting

JA1990

Hey everyone. 

I am a little bit disappointed with the lack of information found on the net nad instructions regarding installation of the mk heading sensor.

Just wondering if anyone can advise if this is an appropriate spot to mount.

Re

Ja

IMG20190707155758.jpg

My MK doesn’t have a heading sensor. I’m not really sure what it does but I saw a Yankee video online that suggests it helps you to move around a little bit in Spotlock but keep the bow pointing the same way. Is that right? In that video it was mounted just forward of the helm, in easy reach. In the BLA video below, it’s mounted right beside the helm seat. If unsure, might I suggest you ring BLA.

Thanks mate I have extenuated all resources from YouTube and whilst the videos do talk about how good they are and what they can do but they don’t explain how they work, why they work and the best place to mount it. No joke it came with the MK in a seperate box with a price of paper saying heading sensor, go nuts....

27 minutes ago, JA1990 said:

Thanks mate I have extenuated all resources from YouTube and whilst the videos do talk about how good they are and what they can do but they don’t explain how they work, why they work and the best place to mount it. No joke it came with the MK in a seperate box with a price of paper saying heading sensor, go nuts....

Ring BLA and ask them. Looking at the videos, mounting it near the helm makes sense. Just a case of pairing it with the Bluetooth.

11 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Ring BLA and ask them. Looking at the videos, mounting it near the helm makes sense. Just a case of pairing it with the Bluetooth.

You'd think mounting at the helm makes sense how ever the instructions contradict this as it says do not mount near cables and other electrics so yeh. I'll see how I go with BLA but I'm really just after some direct feed back from online from people who have actually mounted them rather than a salesman advice.

• 4 months later...

Hi JA I have some answers for you  can you call me on 0417243628.  I would find it easy to explain. I to have the same Minn Kota Terrover  plus Humminbird Helix 9 they all work in together in short move your  heading sensor to the over side of you boat.

Regard Colin 

• 2 years later...
On 7/7/2019 at 4:03 PM, JA1990 said:

Hey everyone. 

I am a little bit disappointed with the lack of information found on the net nad instructions regarding installation of the mk heading sensor.

Just wondering if anyone can advise if this is an appropriate spot to mount.

Re

Ja

IMG20190707155758.jpg

Hey all, 

just wondering if anyone has mounted one of these on a Quintrex renegade side console? Boat dealer said they mount them about 1m for the back of the boat on the drivers side. I don’t what to go drilling holes into the boat if this is not the correct place. Please help!!!

Thank Aaron