Chowder Bay, No fish.

James  Clain

Headed over to Chowder bay today to go fishing, upon arrival at 11:30 with high expectations after 2 previous outings to the wharf. I spoke to the fishos on the wharf and to my surprise none had caught anything and then spoke to a diver who also said that there was no fish around.

Last time I visited Chowder Bay There were fish left right an centre and I understand that things are slowing down throughout the winter but after spending 2 hours at the jetty fishing with lures for tailor and bonito and bait for leatherjacket and bream, not a single bite. 

I guess the fish were just not showing up today so I decided to head around to the rocks at the entrance of the bay and after fishing for 3 hours finally caught a nice Chinamon Leatherjacket around the 40cm mark that had some of the most amazing colours.

I heard the fish are in big numbers throughout middle harbour any ideas as to why Chowder Bay was so unproductive today?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, chokpa said:

Yeah went on sat and it was completely shut down. Surprised it's still dead though, I was thinking maybe it was the dirty water from all the rain last week.

The diver mentioned to me that visibility was amazing.

I fished Middle Harbour on Monday night. Noticeably more short finned pike than usual which was entertaining for a bit. Other than that, there hasn't been much action for me either.