My fishy story was I entered a triple M comp about your best dad moment and mine was fishing with the kids and getting my daughter her first fish by catching it and while she wasn't looking I hooked it onto her line and let her reel it in and I won a new 2016 Camry SX.

sold it and bought my current boat.

• Like 8

On 7/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, E.T. said:

Woah! What fish is that? Black Spotted Rock Cod?

I was actually thinking my mystery giant was a big ray. It's the only thing I can think of that is wide enough to get snagged on all the lines. Either that or its the Hawkesbury River Monster haha!!

Yeah think its a black cod -was mainly concerned about getting it back in the drink-it bit my son (holding the fish) veery nicely right through the gloves he was wearing but it went off fighting fit- we did cheat however- it swum into a crap pot- and ate 3 blue swimmers in the pot! I reckon there are more of them than we realise in Cowan.

• Like 1

Another "semi fluke "" capture for me was this jewie I caught on a jig in Moreton Bay , marked some bait and bigger fish on the sounder , both my young bloke and I hooked up but I got mine (thinking all the way to the boat I'd hooked a small cobia) and he lost his. 

IMG_0484.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

My fishy story was I entered a triple M comp about your best dad moment and mine was fishing with the kids and getting my daughter her first fish by catching it and while she wasn't looking I hooked it onto her line and let her reel it in and I won a new 2016 Camry SX.

sold it and bought my current boat.

I won a free fishing holiday to Lord Howe Island back in 1990 by subscribing to Fishing World magazine. For the competition, you had to say why you’d like to win a trip to LHI. My wedding was coming up in October. My entry read:

No more line cuts on my fingers,

No more bait stains on my clothes.

Soon my left hand wears a ring

And maybe, too, my nose!

But before I meet the preacher,

Before I take those vows,

All I ask is just one thing...

And that’s to fish Lord Howe!

When I won, I thought it would make a great honeymoon but the missus didn’t want to come, so I went on my own two weeks before the wedding. Seven nights on the island with four days gamefishing on Capella. I had an absolute ball! I think it was the last solo fishing trip I’ve been away on in 29 years! The sacrifices we make! 😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A couple of years ago my old man and i headed to Wyangla for their annual comp. The old mans mate and his wife had already gone the day before and found us a nice little point to set up camp. They had caught a couple of small yellowbelly of said point prior to us getting there releasing them all.

The next morning while having breakfast i caught a little yellowbelly and released him.

As true as i sit here now the following afternoon while we were packing up to head home following an unsuccessful comp i caught another little yellowbelly electing to keep it for the table. Little bastard had that hook, my hook from the day before and the other blokes hook from the day prior to that. 

Little fella obviously wasn't keen on moving too far from home 

• Like 2