A quick flick for salmon

JonD

Took my youngest daughter that doesn't normally fish for a quick flick up the beach. Found three patches of fish, funny enough the first one seemed to have fish all about the 1.5 kg size and the second 3kg+ and the last and biggest school all seemed to be around the 2k mark. 

Tackle was a little travel rod I purchased for a trip up north that didn't happen. Light braid and 40g lures flicked at the back of any washy deep gutters was the usual hunting ground. After catch and releasing several fish my daughter hooked into what seemed like a very solid fish. Each time she gained line she would almost instantly lose it again, this went on for over 10 mins before she eventually dragged a tail hooked thumper onto the sand. After ten or more fish we headed home to turn one into fish cakes.

IMG_0689.jpg.f59b98157a23950751c8b79cd44d979b.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg.cdf9bd9d34cd71ae0a4fddc8200ee2e7.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg.9d20cc18d5a829f6366e07d74e234c79.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg.fa4affa22522f0fe10dc2539c93c762b.jpg

IMG_0686.thumb.jpg.60c20b364fb8f97448a43a11f443a769.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

I hope my kids turn out like yours Jon

Great work, lovely blue sky would have been a great day for it

Don't get the wrong impression, my girls can be very difficult at times. I just pull the camera out quickly when they accept my existance 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JonD said:

Don't get the wrong impression, my girls can be very difficult at times. I just pull the camera out quickly when they accept my existance 😂

That hit the nail on the head for my three girls as well Jon :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonD said:

The joys of being a dad! Asked mine if she wanted to go for a fish one day next week- nope - got Metro Swimming dont want to spend a day outside, Ok how about the rifle range- ah nope  thats not on either, Year 10 formal dress shopping dad?- ah nope , I dont want the blame for a bad dress choice hanging over my head- ill keep trying!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1