Any Tuna Offshore ATM?

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Perfect they should be swimming about off terrigal by Saturday :D 

should be easy to catch one, I might troll a halco twisty around in 30 metres of water using my bream stick

Anyone that went out today do any good from Jervis Bay? Planning on doing a campaign over these next few days for some tuna for a troll of the canyons and 18/19 degree temperature break that has has pushed down these last few days. Will keep posted on how It goes.

Screenshot_20190725-095801~2.png

22 minutes ago, FISH00KN said:

Anyone that went out today do any good from Jervis Bay? Planning on doing a campaign over these next few days for some tuna for a troll of the canyons and 18/19 degree temperature break that has has pushed down these last few days. Will keep posted on how It goes.

Screenshot_20190725-095801~2.png

i may be heading out of syd or jb tomorrow not sure yet. will post up results either way on this thread

Went out of JB today, as did a few other boats with no success of tuna. Water was 18/19 degrees at Kink and Canyons with a couple of small scattered bait schools read off the sounder at 40m to 60m depth at the shelf. Plenty of birds also but all hovering with few to none diving action. 

Did experience an exceptionally large pod of dolphins though, quite possibly the largest pod I've ever seen down here. 

Overall the colour of the water just seemed off, searched hard to find good colour with no prevail.

Also unable to get the latest SST chart for the day due to overcast clouds blocking satelite all day. 

Am thinking of heading out and giving  Ulladulla a go tomorrow. Anyone that went out today do any good? Or know of any reports of tunas being caught down that way lately? 

Will post tomorrow on how it goes. 

I know of one charter operator who found them out of here today ( Narooma), last I heard they had fish under the boat and starting a cube trail, after they had caught some on lures.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, FISH00KN said:

Went out of JB today, as did a few other boats with no success of tuna. Water was 18/19 degrees at Kink and Canyons with a couple of small scattered bait schools read off the sounder at 40m to 60m depth at the shelf. Plenty of birds also but all hovering with few to none diving action. 

Did experience an exceptionally large pod of dolphins though, quite possibly the largest pod I've ever seen down here. 

Overall the colour of the water just seemed off, searched hard to find good colour with no prevail.

Also unable to get the latest SST chart for the day due to overcast clouds blocking satelite all day. 

Am thinking of heading out and giving  Ulladulla a go tomorrow. Anyone that went out today do any good? Or know of any reports of tunas being caught down that way lately? 

Will post tomorrow on how it goes. 

I was out of jb yesty as well, fised same locations and got the same donut result! The dolphins were epic though.

we fished all the way down to the ulladulla canyons.

A few reports of 50-60kg yellowfin caught north east of Batemans Bay yesterday, 800 to 1300 fathoms.  Good luck to those chasing them, always stuck working when the bite is on.................

Cheers Dave