Daiwa Aird HDA & Fuego Baitcaster.

TAZ

Hi guys. Am on a bit of a budget here, but as a gift I was given a little Okuma baitcaster rod. So am wondering about the Daiwa Aird 100HDA and if anyone has one and what their thoughts are? It has 9 bb + 1 roller bearing. Have read a couple of on line reviews but its hard to tell if it's just advertising or not as I dont know who is who in that world. It seems the most bang for your buck from a decent manufacturer. I do have my eye on the Daiwa Fuego as well, its a 4 bb 1 roller bearing. But at the same price. The Aird on paper looks better but there may be a reason the Fuego is that I dont know of.  Any input would be appreciated.

Hi Taz

They both look like they would do the job.

Have a look at the Abu Garcia Revo 4x  at dinga tackle which is a sponsor on here. They are on special at the moment with free shipping for members. these are a very nice little baitcaster reel.

2 hours ago, yella king said:

Hi Taz

They both look like they would do the job.

Have a look at the Abu Garcia Revo 4x  at dinga tackle which is a sponsor on here. They are on special at the moment with free shipping for members. these are a very nice little baitcaster reel.

Thanks mate. I actually was going to add this bit following in the first post but didn't, but will now to explain why ill pass on Abu.  I actually last week just after getting the rod given to me got an Abu Black Max 3. Loaded it up with some Berkley X9 and tested it out in the backyard. The little Okuma seems a lovely little rod, but the reel only gave out about 10 foot of line and now the drag is binding badly. It doesn't even sound like there are drag washers in it, just like a creaking plastic against plastic type of sound is the best I can describe it. It even makes that sound with the drag backed right off to nothing, but with it done up a bit its a shocker. So its going back next week to the shop and im getting something else. I've never had anything like that happen with a reel. Appreciate the reply though. Below is the Max that's going back. 

IMG_20190721_162008_911.jpg

no worries mate.

I have never had a problem with any Abu reel I have bought, but by the sound of it there is something missing in the drag system. I don`t think you would have a problem with them replacing it.

you can only go on your own experience with products, so hope things work out and your catching some fish in no time at all.

happy fishing mate

On 7/22/2019 at 5:09 PM, yella king said:

no worries mate.

I have never had a problem with any Abu reel I have bought, but by the sound of it there is something missing in the drag system. I don`t think you would have a problem with them replacing it.

you can only go on your own experience with products, so hope things work out and your catching some fish in no time at all.

happy fishing mate

Yeah, agree. You can get some good and bad in all things. I'm tending to agree, it did sound like there was something missing. Anyway, I took it back today to a shop and even they looked like "what the" when I showed them. I put a bit of line on it so they could try the drag and see I wasn't making it up and just changed my mind. No probs with a refund. But just across from them is a a shop store. So armed with a few online prices with free frieght on the Fuego, went for the Fuego as I found out it has a solid al frame and saw the Aird is graphite and can flex. Watched a vid of the reel seat being easily flexed and some comments that under load you can feel it do so now and then. That turned me off. The Manager tried to weasel out of the a shop price match guarantee, got a bit rude when I pressed and proved the other lower prices, dont know why as I was being polite about it all and thats their policy they advertise,  but got it eventually. Nice little reel. Just have to catch a fish on it now. 

Edited by TAZ

I would have told the manager to stick it. Often these clowns think the customer has no rights when purchasing.

Hope you find the new reel satisfactory and start getting some pleasure from your fishing experiences. What are your target species going to be? bn

• Like 1