Daiwa double clutch 95mm - to repair or bin?

Berrero

Hello raiders,

A few months back I damaged my favourite double clutch. Had a 60cm flattie on and managed to get it into shore but it had death rolled around the line and wasn't able to get my lip grips in its mouth to bring it in, was wrapped shut from the line. Was in about a foot of water surrounded by oysters so thought I was being clever and lip gripped the lure bib to lift the lovely girl into shore. Got her in for a few pics and a clean release but I noticed that I had broken the bib off my lure. It's still attached by the metal rod part but it wobbles side to side - enough that it messes up how it swims in the water.

Should I bother trying to glue it back on with some sort of epoxy or plastic glue? Would the scent of this once done send the fish fleeing?

Or should I just bin it. Bit skeptical to use it as is just in case I hook a crocodile.. do NOT want to lose a big girl to the bib coming clean off.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the random question. I know worst case these are $25 or so to replace but I've caught a lot of PB's on this bad boy and would like to keep it if possible for sentimental value :)

CHEERS

8 hours ago, Berrero said:

Hello raiders,

A few months back I damaged my favourite double clutch. Had a 60cm flattie on and managed to get it into shore but it had death rolled around the line and wasn't able to get my lip grips in its mouth to bring it in, was wrapped shut from the line. Was in about a foot of water surrounded by oysters so thought I was being clever and lip gripped the lure bib to lift the lovely girl into shore. Got her in for a few pics and a clean release but I noticed that I had broken the bib off my lure. It's still attached by the metal rod part but it wobbles side to side - enough that it messes up how it swims in the water.

Should I bother trying to glue it back on with some sort of epoxy or plastic glue? Would the scent of this once done send the fish fleeing?

Or should I just bin it. Bit skeptical to use it as is just in case I hook a crocodile.. do NOT want to lose a big girl to the bib coming clean off.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the random question. I know worst case these are $25 or so to replace but I've caught a lot of PB's on this bad boy and would like to keep it if possible for sentimental value :)

CHEERS

Mate I have a number of old lures that amazingly survived many heated battles and just kept hanging in there. When they reach a certain point to me I retire them and keep them in my battle scar lure collection. Im glad I have as I have some that are 40 yrs old from when I was a kid. It's cool to be able to open that box and see what I used to use and caught so many fish on all those years ago. Im thinking of mounting them on a board actually like a mate of mine has. Looks great to be honest.